Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leafs 'Nuks  (Read 6793 times)

mojoman

• Old Timer
Leafs 'Nuks
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »

ok folks...awhile back we were disscussin' the match-up for this season....I proposed a sig swap...if Leafs win..."Nuks fans who sign up here will sport a Leaf sig of some discription....but it must show the team in good taste...and also a clear logo must be visible...same if 'Nuks win for Leaf fans.....sign up here folks...;))))

mojo has a few pics  I "could" loan out... ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Leafs 'Nuks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:43:44 AM »

That's hardly a fair trade!  If the Leafs lose you'll be walking around town wearing a Canucks logo like, oh, about 30 thousand + other people merrily fitting in.  Now if you lived in TO that would be different.  How about a sign on your car or front yard that says "The Leafs Suck!" or vica-versa if the Canucks lose.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »

ok folks...awhile back we were disscussin' the match-up for this season....I proposed a sig swap...if Leafs win..."Nuks fans who sign up here will sport a Leaf sig of some discription....but it must show the team in good taste...and also a clear logo must be visible...same if 'Nuks win for Leaf fans.....sign up here folks...;))))

mojo has a few pics  I "could" loan out... ;D

I'm in !!!! That game takes place the night before our Derby !! it is going to be so nice walking the river re living the pounding the Canucks gave the Laugh's  ;)

and just in case Mojo here is a nice sig to go under you're screen name  ;)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »

That's hardly a fair trade!  If the Leafs lose you'll be walking around town wearing a Canucks logo like, oh, about 30 thousand + other people merrily fitting in.  Now if you lived in TO that would be different.  How about a sign on your car or front yard that says "The Leafs Suck!" or vica-versa if the Canucks lose.

hmmm.....is a signature for this forum....I already gotta wear "Nuk" gear one day for BB and Steel....this is a bet we made a few months ago....read the post friend....you'll see its simple and straight forward...cos...u know...we are dealin' with 'Nuk fans here... :D :D :D

mojo ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:30:56 PM »

Hey Mojo....didn't mean to step on anyone's toes here...didn't realize this was an ongoing bet

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »

I'm in, but you knew that already!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:19:32 AM »

Hey Mojo....didn't mean to step on anyone's toes here...didn't realize this was an ongoing bet

's cool MC....I kinda figgered you were outta the loop....you in???...or has the forthcoming losing streak got ya shook??? :D :D :D

TR...no need to get me a sig...I'll be happy to share mine with you tho... ;D

mojo

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

Count me in...but why would I need a Leafs sig?  Can't see the Nuks loosing.  They're a tuff team to beat right now.  Besides, just wait and see,  Nazzy gonna break out.  Boy, I had trouble typing that with a straight face.

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

Ok, Im in.

Hard to posture and hassle nucklehead fans of late, but hey, big injuries taking it's toll. Im not too concerned. They'll break out no sweat.

By Saturday Nucks will be due for a loss and Leafs due for a win.

Im not too scared I'll need to trade my SR Clint Eastwood and FWR Steelhead sigs to a Cannucks logo for a day (I assume all day Sunday?)

And before anyone offers, Ill provide the Nuck sig (nothing nasty) in the form of an unaltered logo.
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »

Ok, Im in.

Hard to posture and hassle nucklehead fans of late, but hey, big injuries taking it's toll. Im not too concerned. They'll break out no sweat.

By Saturday Nucks will be due for a loss and Leafs due for a win.

Im not too scared I'll need to trade my SR Clint Eastwood and FWR Steelhead sigs to a Cannucks logo for a day (I assume all day Sunday?)

And before anyone offers, Ill provide the Nuck sig (nothing nasty) in the form of an unaltered logo.

I believe that the bet was for a month!!  Not a day!! ;)  If not a month than it should at least be a week!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »

bet was for a month IIRC...;))

mojo

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 08:38:27 AM »

Ohhhh a month...but makes more sense as it makes it much more interesting.

Alright, Im in, but Fish Assassian has to throw his hat in as well (not like he'll need it to throw at his tv if a cannot gets a hattrick).  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »

Sorry 2:40, my religion prohibits my wearing anything resembling a Make Me Laugh (as remote as it is that the Laughs will win) ;D

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »

Sorry 2:40, my religion prohibits my wearing anything resembling a Make Me Laugh (as remote as it is that the Laughs will win) ;D

Im ok with that (the ahem...lack of faith...ahem... :D ;) )

weizen

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »

The original bet was for 2 weeks, and was for positive posts only for the team that won.  The bet was raised for a sig pic swap and accepted.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12543.msg119186#msg119186

Canucks win = NO POSTS ABOUT THE LEAFS for 2 weeks! (And leafs fans MUST post positive things about the canucks)
Leafs win = NO POSTS ABOUT THE CANUCKS FOR 2 weeks! (And us Canucks fans  MUST post positive things about the leafs)

Should be a good fun game and I look forward to the many nucks sigs once the game wraps up :)