Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Cleanup & BBQ Jan 27/07  (Read 6589 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Alouette Cleanup & BBQ Jan 27/07
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »

The cleanup info can be found in this thread:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=13156.0

Make sure you vote at the top so organizers have an idea on how many are attending.

Good to hear about the news article BB. Perhaps a pre-event article can also be panned out, which would definitely draw out some keen volunteers. When the Chilliwack River cleanup was first organized in 2002, Chris and others were featured in some articles before the cleanups, which draw out some interests locally. Definitely keep the non-fishers in the loop too, as fishermen only make up a small % of the volunteer force. Most of the volunteers who attend the Chilliwack River cleanup are not fishermen. This doesn't necessarily represent poor stewardship value in the sportfishing community, it simply indicates that fishermen only make up a small portion of the general public, which is true.

Looking forward to hear more good progress.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:25:12 PM »

Bryan, any ideas on what might be needed for food and drinks at the BBQ?

Cheers

Nuggy

I have another thread going over at FishBC which has these details. Hope Rod doesnt mind me just adding this link.

http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41832&st=0

Should be the biggest cleanup to date at the Alouette. Cant wait. :)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

Hey Brian is the clean up on the Alouette still a go. Should be a beautiful day. My daughter is actually dragging her butt out of bed on a saturday before noon to join me on the clean up. The areas that I was fishing today where actually pretty clean. What a difference compared to the veddar. Mind you the veddar does get alot more fishing pressure.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:43:16 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »

Was out today(jan 25) doing some exploring on the river and I did come across a bbq. So we may need a truck to haul that away. Brian I will let you know where the bbq can be found.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »

Was out today(jan 25) doing some exploring on the river and I did come across a bbq. So we may need a truck to haul that away. Brian I will let you know where the bbq can be found.

I know where it is already. Just above the park pools right?

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »

Yeh just above the park pools but below the pools below davidson.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »

Yeh just above the park pools but below the pools below davidson.

Yup thats the one. Its been there for quite some time now. It will be gone after the weekend.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 09:53:29 PM »

Alright. see you on saturday. I will try to get a box of latex gloves for those that forget to bring some gloves.