Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fenwick Hmx  (Read 4721 times)

PaulyD

Fenwick Hmx
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:05:12 AM »

Hey ya ll just wondering if anyones familiar with Fenwicks warranty on their rods , i bought a nice Hmx about a year and a half ago and this past salmon season on the Vedder i snapped the bugger holding a big ugly in the rapids , not a huge fish or anything but i guess the combination of the flow with the chums energy together spelled out disaster, didn't even see it comin ... Anyways long story short the store i bought this rod from turned into a RCMP crime scene and all the guys got caught trafficking illegal weapons into Canada (you may have heard of this recently) needless to say they can no longer help me with my snapped top half and here i am with half a Fenny and no back up to get me on the flow . Honest opinions please do i bother trying the manufacturer for a replacement top or am i beatin a dead horse ??? Or do i buck up and go purchase a new rod , this i dont want to do b/c i liked this rod and i cant accept the $160 rod rental for the year especially after snapping it on a dirty dog !! Will Fenwick help you think ? They should since i did nothing out of the ordinary to this rod to make it break it just blew apart .. any other feedback on experiences with Fenwick would be appreciated Thnks....    (p.s. its 'thrifty' not 'cheap') :P

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Fenwick Hmx
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 12:12:57 AM »

Before you go and spend on another new rod, try bringing it in to another tackle shop. (or call by phone) They might honour the warranty. I broke a Sage couple of years ago and I brought it to a different tackle shop that I originally bought it from and they honoured the warranty. It's worth a try.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 12:23:59 AM »

I bought a Fanwick HMX moocher from a shop in Burnaby a few years ago. I then moved to the Island, and snapped it in a boating mishap, I took it into a Island Outfitters on the island, and they gave me a new rod on the spot and sent off the broken one for repair. I subsequently broke the new one this summer, and they said they would still give me a replacement. Basically took one out of their own racks and gave it to me, and took the busted one and sent it off, never saw it again.

Amazing service, by the way, from Island Outfitters. Hopefully other shops do the same, either way, there's probably a way to send it to Fenwick, and pay for shipping and handling (and possibly a small processing fee) and they should get it back to you, done this with a Loop fly rod that I managed to break twice.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

PaulyD

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

Thanks for the tips im going to call some shops tomorrow , i heard somewhere that Fenwick is good that way i just wasnt sure but its sounding good Spud i just hope i will find a shop equally as helpful as Island Outfitters were to you sounds like great customer service from those guys , a hard thing to find these days hats off to em  :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:53:11 AM »

If you are in the Vancouver area, take it into Berry's Bait and Tackle in Richmond. Steelhead King on this forum works there on Monday to Wednesday. He maybe able to assist you. Good luck.

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

try calling 1-204-857-3467 and ask for the warranty department. This is for Pure Fishing (makers of Fenwick rods) and they will advise you on how to deal with this.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 09:26:03 AM »

Bring it into west coast....they'll help you out.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »

I believe Fenwick HMX has a 5-year warranty.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:26 PM »

Royal Sportsman eh ? That's where I got my first one...sketchy  :-\
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 03:14:19 PM »

i like my fenwick better then my sage 3016 b so if you want a really nice rod get that one. ;D

the 10 - 20 line rating is the one i have

fishonsteelheader

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 07:30:59 PM »

Hey ya ll just wondering if anyones familiar with Fenwicks warranty on their rods , i bought a nice Hmx about a year and a half ago and this past salmon season on the Vedder i snapped the bugger holding a big ugly in the rapids , not a huge fish or anything but i guess the combination of the flow with the chums energy together spelled out disaster, didn't even see it comin ... Anyways long story short the store i bought this rod from turned into a RCMP crime scene and all the guys got caught trafficking illegal weapons into Canada (you may have heard of this recently) needless to say they can no longer help me with my snapped top half and here i am with half a Fenny and no back up to get me on the flow . Honest opinions please do i bother trying the manufacturer for a replacement top or am i beatin a dead horse ??? Or do i buck up and go purchase a new rod , this i dont want to do b/c i liked this rod and i cant accept the $160 rod rental for the year especially after snapping it on a dirty dog !! Will Fenwick help you think ? They should since i did nothing out of the ordinary to this rod to make it break it just blew apart .. any other feedback on experiences with Fenwick would be appreciated Thnks....    (p.s. its 'thrifty' not 'cheap') :P
hey I have Had two fenwicks HMX and the first one snapped on a spring. the second one on a dog these rod are not meant for big fish I now use it for my steelhead rod only.
love to fish.