Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A New Hook Setup?  (Read 1780 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
A New Hook Setup?
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »

While out looking for some cutthroat or a steelhead in the Fraser River at Herrling Island today I found a setup I had never seen before.

I am not using this as troll but I found a  leader with about a 2/0 hook and a corkie on it.

The thing I found strange was the corkie was tied ahead of the hook by about 2 inchies. ::) :o

Water conditions were great but only missed one fish of some sort on a single egg. No one in sight and was very peaceful out there but was a little rough of a drive out there in the Leaf Mobile through the snow etc.. Water very low.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: A New Hook Setup?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:09:27 PM »

You should be able to recognize the latest flossing set up for sockeye. On some of my beach scrounges for gear I noticed that this was a more predominent this year. Have yet to try it thoough.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:14:43 PM »

Hey Chris, I read an article today while christmas shoping in BC sport fishing magazine, and the writers name was gord Gadsden, any relation. Any ways since the Vedder is not in the best shape im thinking of trying some cutthroat fishing on the Fraser, I got the setup on the trout rod, but not to sure what kind of side water on the Fraser to fish. Should I look for the still side waters, or water with some flow, any other suggestions?
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:26:07 PM »

Hey Chris, I read an article today while christmas shoping in BC sport fishing magazine, and the writers name was gord Gadsden, any relation. Any ways since the Vedder is not in the best shape im thinking of trying some cutthroat fishing on the Fraser, I got the setup on the trout rod, but not to sure what kind of side water on the Fraser to fish. Should I look for the still side waters, or water with some flow, any other suggestions?
Son. ;D ;D

I like to fish some flow usually below a riffle, if you got chum spawning, the cutts are below trying to pick off the eggs that escape the red. If you take a boat out thre is lots of area's to explore and always the change to hit a steelhead which would be fun on your trout rod. ;D

fishonsteelheader

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »

Hey Chris I would like to know what is a good group to volunteer for I want to help make good change to are sport. Thankyou ;D
love to fish.