Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: milner reels  (Read 2158 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
milner reels
« on: November 21, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

does anyone know when the new kingfisher(bearing reel)will be out,hopefully before Xmas  ::)

Big_E

Re: milner reels
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 07:53:31 PM »

Hey Guys, the Kingfisher’s are now being engraved. Anodizing was completed last week and John should have them back within a week now. And then it’s assembly time. Btw, no shops are getting special treatment in delivery times…as soon as they’re ready to go they’re ready to go and John just simply works down the list and mails them off as he goes.

Thought maybe some would like to know that we’re working on a new reel too, eh.  It’ll be a partly cnc’d reel (roughing out the drum and frame), manually finished by John with holes and boring for the spindle & bearings (the important part!), made after the Kingfisher architecture but look different, finished with hand made saddles, knobs, use stainless steel, abec 5 or better, ball bearings, one colour option, 4.375”, and 5”, and the vote is out on offering them in left or right hand at the moment. Hopefully first pictures available in February 2007.

Cheer guys and thanks for your patience, we really appreciate it.

Eric M

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »

I have also been patiently waiting for my new KF!!! Cant wait till it comes :) :) :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big_E

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »

no worries Fishforever, and yes, i understand they're happy with them. But they're proto-types and only ten are floating around out there. None have been made and shipped yet.