Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Spots  (Read 2109 times)

sassygrams

Fishing Spots
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »

Me again wanting to go fishing - although I seem to a bit out of my element in this weather.....  I am wondering what the suggestions would be - I know without giving out any specific information regarding spots - where fishing maybe ok this weekend? 

I have a feeling the cap is not going to be good - but please clarify this for me.....  I do not know yet due to all the rain what you guys look for when fishing with this weather - as far as water clarity, and visability - so I need to learn this now and I would really like to go back out this weekend.  I have no rain gear, but don't mind getting a bit wet if I may catch the odd one, or even see them jumping lets me know they are there -

So, any suggestions - please post. 

Thank you.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fishing Spots
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »

I have no rain gear, but don't mind getting a bit wet if I may catch the odd one, or even see them jumping lets me know they are there -

So, any suggestions - please post.

Thank you.]

Hey  sassygrams,in this kind of weather,my best suggestion is go and get a set of rain gear first,stay dry then go hunt for fish.

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:05:09 PM »

Hey  sassygrams,in this kind of weather,my best suggestion is go and get a set of rain gear first,stay dry then go hunt for fish.

Agreed. If you go out in this weather without proper gear, you can be in for a miserable day, regardless if you're catching fish or not.

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:23:44 PM »

Hey Sassy,

Definitely invest in some rain gear, try Helly Hansen, I use that when I'm in the boat. Stay warm and dry first, fish second. The last time I saw you it was pretty miserable out but I was toasty, except for my hands.  I may try the Stave instead of the Cheakamus. If you're interested in meeting up let me know. Saturday or Sunday?

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »

Also sasssy grams do you have any waders? If not then you may want to pick up some hip waders, since you will be fishing from shore. And if you do move around on the Stave, some of the area is pretty marshy, which would make things real difficult if you do not have waders.

sassygrams

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 07:31:43 AM »

Stave River - can someone tell me how to get there?  I have tried to look online for directions but can not seem to find it....  The wader thing - before steelhead comes I will get a pair - I am going to get a cheap rain suit this morning before I head out - I can wear it over my big jacket and I will be warm. 

So, I'll do dishes and tidy up and see if someone posts directions before I head out.

Thank you.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:47:36 AM »

Stave river, head east on Lougheed hwy, past Maple Ridge, turn left on 287 st (wilson st.) I believe, the road basicly follows the river, if you drive for a bit you will see the dam, just look for other vehicles parked along the road.

sassygrams

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 07:56:38 AM »

ty