Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: holidays and lights  (Read 4015 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
holidays and lights
« on: November 13, 2006, 05:19:09 PM »

so as i type this i hear the wife saying get the christmas lights ready,as i'm trying to avoid to put them up i,m trying to tell her we lost them  ;D  as every year i have to put them up and i hate doing that cause im the one taking them down,don't get me wrong i love christmas and all but the wife see the lighting arrangement differently than i  do i,that' s why it sucks  :P  i suggested we leave them up all year  ::) but that didn't go over very well.i even hid them so she won't find them but now it seem's as walmart here we come for lights.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: holidays and lights
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 05:37:05 PM »

I know how you fell. I waste a weekend just putting them up. I left some of them up but then the gutters needed to be cleaned and the guys that did them took them all down. I guess I should of cleaned the gutters myself instead of going fishing  ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

weizen

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 05:38:52 PM »

LOL This is a funny thread.....because it's SO TRUE!

I have the same problem, although I'm lucky this year as we're going down to New Zealand for 6 weeks (Wifes family is there) so I get to miss the whole light thing this year.

i suggested we leave them up all year  ::) but that didn't go over very well.

Same reaction I got last year, although I WON!  I just didn't take them down.  But now the lights are all crap and have to come down anyway, but considering I won't be here mabey I'll leave them up another year and take them down next year when i have to put up new ones.

Cheers,

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »

Dont be lazy take those lights down. Nothing worse than seeing Xmas lights on someones house in August. If you dont like them just dont put them up. I do it because my kids and wife love it. I could care less but its what they like so its only a small thing I have to do to make them happy. We dont just put up lights either. The whole front yard and everything gets decorated. They like to make a big deal about it and its only once a year. So one day to put them up and one day to take them down. Two days out of an entire year...Thats it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »

Dont be lazy take those lights down. Nothing worse than seeing Xmas lights on someones house in August. If you dont like them just dont put them up. I do it because my kids and wife love it. I could care less but its what they like so its only a small thing I have to do to make them happy. We dont just put up lights either. The whole front yard and everything gets decorated. They like to make a big deal about it and its only once a year. So one day to put them up and one day to take them down. Two days out of an entire year...Thats it.

Are you sure you are male ?????   :o

JK  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »

hey TR i drove by the cap rd and noticed the store is no longer there are you relocating

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:56:19 PM »

I shut the store down ... I am now into bigger and better things  ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

Are you sure you are male ?????   :o

I think his sense of humor is limited so he won't give you a reply ;D ::)

JK  ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:01 PM »

You really shut the store down?

Belong to the "4 F Club"

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »

Trust me you dont want to stay at home. Work is 100 times easier. Also since my wife works 12 hours a day and has an hour commute each way I get no breaks from the kids. I love my kids more than anything but I need a break too. Also not being able to talk to adults ( except for my 2 hours in the gym ) makes me go a bit crazy too.

I have a very sarcastic sense of humour. Most intelligent people get it ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »

You really shut the store down?

Yeah it is all closed up !! I was offered something I couldn't refuse and the store was taking it's time getting up and running smoothly so I figured it was the smart thing to do , I concidered keeping it open and hiring someone to run it but it still needed too much babysitting and my new job doesn't afford me the time for that , I think in the long run my new endeavor will pay off ten fold  ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »

Trust me you dont want to stay at home. Work is 100 times easier. Also since my wife works 12 hours a day and has an hour commute each way I get no breaks from the kids. I love my kids more than anything but I need a break too. Also not being able to talk to adults ( except for my 2 hours in the gym ) makes me go a bit crazy too.

Doesn't that happen to most fathers?  I'm getting to the point of knowing just kiddy songs.  ::)

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »

You definately got me there. ;D ::) :P

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 03:25:32 PM »

And what's wrong with being a stay at home Mom???  I can sneak in 3 or 4 hours of fishing during the day while the kids are in school... work was a LOT easier, but no where near as rewarding (or as much fishing time! LOL)
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 05:13:09 PM »

And what's wrong with being a stay at home Mom???  I can sneak in 3 or 4 hours of fishing during the day while the kids are in school... work was a LOT easier, but no where near as rewarding (or as much fishing time! LOL)

I have a 10month old so I cant get out yet. Also have a 4 year old and a 10 year old. It will be a while before I can get out while they are all in school.

Belong to the "4 F Club"