Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Etiquette ?  (Read 4903 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: Fishing Etiquette ?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »

Same thing used to happen to me when I was a bit younger (13-14 years old, no waders, or fancy rods), other fishers seemed to put in their snide comments whenever I did screw up. Started wearing headphones when I fished, kinda isolated me, but put me in my own world without the numb-nuts fishing around me  ;D The snickering and comments seem to elevate the other fishers in their own minds, outfish them, and they tend to leave you alone  :D

I still get guys in the summer look at me and you can see the thinking "this kid's fishing with us ?" Just gotta prove yourself, spend enough time on the water, people start to recognize you and respect you for the time you put in on the river.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing Etiquette ?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, on the river but I guess you ran into some yahoos who had nothing better to do.  If there is bright side to this,   it is that as the salmon season winds down, your husband and you will be able to bring out the fly rods and try for some cold hard steel. Also the cold, and rainy weather tends to keep the mouthy peanut gallery type fisherman at home. Anyhow maybe I will see you on the flow, in the meantime take care, and tight lines.