Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Day With BigSteel...there goes my self-esteem!  (Read 4768 times)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
A Day With BigSteel...there goes my self-esteem!
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:55:46 PM »

Well we got quite a late start, around 745am from my house to getting to the flow at around 845am. As we got to our spot, there wasn't too much rain, just drizzle. However, as we were tying up our leaders the rain started to come down...fairly hard :(. BigSteel had his line all tied up and was out fishing while I was having trouble tying with my numb hands ::) I took a glance over at him for his third cast, to see him set the hook on a fairly big buck chum. After I finally got in the water to make my cast, BS was into yet another chum, this time a nice doe.BONKED.Finally after landing his fish twice, I got a few casts in, right up until my float took a dive! Was into bucks all day except for the two does that I took home for the smoker. On the other hand, Bs was into basically and equal amount of both. He had me beat...by a lot in the number of fish by 13-5 :-[
I did, however, beat him in the size count. Seeing as how most of my fish were male I was into mostly big fish all day. And like the phrase goes..."size is all that matters" :D :D

The rain stopped at around 11am. So did the fishing...for a small amount of time ::)
We were into fish all day, thus it was worth standing in the freezing water and the cold rain. We were done fishing at about noon. The does that we kept were also quite nice looking! There was also a group of fly-fishers just down from us that were pretty slow to start until around 1030am. Then they were into lots of fish, whether they were all flossed or snagged...I don't know. Most looked to be snagged. The fish were moving up and down depths throughout the day causing us to change up our lengths quite a bit. Well thats about it for today. Oh and one more thing(someone wanted me to mention), if my self-esteem wasn't already low enough ::). While BS was cleaning the fish, I was still trying to get into a few before we left. Three missed fish. The gist of it was that BigSteel walked in after with one cast and landed a fish >:( :D
I am sure that I will take him and the others that come tomorrow ::) ::) We ended up taking home our limit btw.

Pictures To Follow.........also another post tomorrow, most likely. ;)

"Tight Lines Guyz"          ,           *Lil Fisherman*

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
Re: A Day With BigSteel...there goes my self-esteem!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:27 PM »

Looks like you had fun Lil Fisherman.  And remember-- Who ever said "size doesn't matter" was probably small. LOL.
Fish on!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »

Haha! No way! ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 10:15:12 PM »

Was a rather entertaining day I must say.  Tomorrow, dress a bit warmer Lil!! ;D  The fishing was surprising considering what we thought we might find on the way out this morning.  I have never seen so much water flowing off the mountains as I did today on the drive.  Anyhow, when we finally made it there we were pleasently surprised.  It only took wondering around to 3 different places to find some hook and swivels, cause well, we were out!! ::)
 Once we got out there, it was non stop action like Lil stated.  Anyhow, I can't really add anymore to what is already stated so........ :)

Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 10:17:40 PM »

Cool, thanks for adding them BigSteel. The fish in the 2nd pic cant get any chromer!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o
BEAUTY!!!!! ;D

weizen

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 10:18:42 PM »

Nice pics, looks like you guy's had fun.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »

Nice going dudes.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »

Nice pictures guys,as far as size is concerned,it is insignaficant compared to the enjoyment of the day ;)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 10:29:59 PM »

Haha, yaaaa. at certain times ;D

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 11:44:45 PM »

sounds like an awesome day on the flow,some nice looking fish there, ;D

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 07:38:56 AM »

nice fish, sounds like good times, we were out on the Squamish saturday, flyfishing. visability might have been 4 inches at that, but we did get into some fish and we had a great time.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/member/gallery/squamish-nov-11

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 11:25:33 AM »

RIGHT ON, NICE CLEAN FISH GUYS !

sassygrams

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »

Wow - nice fish.  Good going!
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

allwaysfishin

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »

nice chums boys.... will have to head up there on tuesday, need some chumlies for da shmoker. Good to see those fresh ones still pouring in.

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 06:52:27 PM »

Yup, fresh ones were coming through in waves during the incoming again today. There is another report by FishFreak for myself,Freak,BigSteel and FishinAddict.
Tight lines guyz!