Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any tips for Bunzen Lake  (Read 1611 times)

EZ_Rolling

Any tips for Bunzen Lake
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:19:15 PM »

Hi Guys

This is my first post and I wanted to say thank you for all the info I have learned here on proper techniques for fishing the local rivers.

seeing as most of the rivers are a light brown we were thinking of going to Bunzen Lake to try a little trout action.

Has anyone been there lately?

Thanks EZ
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 12:24:51 PM by EZ_Rolling »

EZ_Rolling

Re: Any tips for Bunzen Lake
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:44:47 PM »

OK rookie move I did not specify how we would be fishing....

fishing from shore with spin cast probably just some lures, worms and various other baits.

Thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Any tips for Bunzen Lake
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »

Welcome aboard. Since the lake was recently stocked, it should hopefully produce some fish when you head out there. I would give the floating docks and high banks along the eastern shoreline a go. In the past we have anchored close to shore around there and done fairly well. You can simply cast a 1/8oz spinner or spoon out from shore and slowly retrieve as it is quite deep on that side. Float fishing with bait can also be good at times but spinning definitely keeps you active and warm on cold days like we are having right now. Some also do well by simply casting out a light bottom rig with bait on the hook, either let it free drift, slowly retrieved or sit on the bottom. Dew worm or deli shrimp should work just fine.