Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sunday lake fishin!!  (Read 800 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
sunday lake fishin!!
« on: November 05, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

Well....woke up and was surprised to not hear the drum of rain on my roof, looked out and thought,,not to bad, checked the weather report and thought..What the hell, should hold off for long enough to get in some fly fishing for trout...( I try to do this on weekends to keep me grounded in my fishin.. ;))  Had to watch a little NFL first and get my gear togeather...Headed down to B'ham to my little fly only lake...and I get out, get the kickboat out, rod togeather..everything fine...NOPE...forgot my damn waders...I don't know how the hell I do this but it seems every so often I just spaze and leave something at home on one of my trips...Well, not much to do but pack it all up and head back home and grab um....Head back down and the weather is starting to turn ugly again...Still, I figure to hell with it, I just drove and hour for a 20 mile drive...I'm fishing. Hike in and head out...wind is starting to blow so I stick close to the shoreline...tied up some size 12 Carey specials I wanted to try so put one on and worked the edge of the weeds...Water has come up quite a bit this week...and was really cloudy too..was quite surprised by that..it's not a deep lake so I seriously doubt it turns...but boy it sure looked like it did....So, wind is starting to howl and rain is starting again...BUT, I hook into a nice cuttie...was a hoot watching this guy head for the deeper water on his way by...played him a little watching him jump and run...got him in then and released him right away...too nasty out to take any pic's...That was about it for me...headed back in to warm up and dry off...Another good Sunday..though I can't wait for the Steelies on my new spey rod... ;D