Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River condition (November 3rd)  (Read 1862 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Chehalis River condition (November 3rd)
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »

Chris just phoned. He saw one jack coho caught all morning. River was rising fast, becoming unfishable, with some logs coming down. He also mentioned about one car being broken into with some tools and stereo stolen. Just a heads up for those who are planning their trips this weekend.

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
Re: Chehalis River condition (November 3rd)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:16:27 PM »

I will concur with Chris on that report.  It was the first time meeting "The Master", and a pleasure it was. 
We were there first light and everything looked great. The water level was just about where I would like to see it.  As soon as we were able to see fully we realized that there was way too much colour in the water (almost like a weak cup of hot chocolate).  We ended up trying the Slough on the way home to no avail.  On the plus side, we stopped at Mission Springs Pub and had ourselves a burger and a beer.  Sure a nice way to end a rainy day of fishing.

Once again it was nice to meet you Chris and will likely see you on the flow again in the future.

Trevor

I almost for got to mention that he was also right about the break in.  The Toyota truck that was broken in to was parked right beside ours.  About half a km down the road we saw a minivan with the window smashed in and the door was wide open.  An unfortunate incident .

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:42:18 PM »

Tis the seasonal start for that other theft "season".

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »

How is it that we pray for rain and then when it gets here we want it to go away. I was hoping to get up to the Chehalis this weekend but now I might go to the vedder.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

fishfinder

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »

Vedder was perfect today with slight colour but it was rising fast by 1pm. With 50 mm of rain expected from Friday evening to Saturday evening I think it will be blown out.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 05:07:32 PM »

thanks for the update.
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

Merc and I left the Chehails at around noon or so, and it was still pouring out there. The river was coming up at a decent rate. ??? Then stopped at Dewdny and it was raining even harder out there at times.  On a plus note, I did get to tail a beauty 13-14lb Wild Buck.  We were tossing spoons and there was a fair amount of nice looking fish rolling, just couldn't tell exactly what some of them were. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!