Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison River in a prop boat  (Read 2577 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Harrison River in a prop boat
« on: November 01, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »

Anyone run up to the mouth of the Chehalis in a boat with a prop?  I know jets can do it, but am I asking for trouble if I take my welded 18' Duckworth with an outback bracket and 150 hp yamaha outboard up there?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Harrison River in a prop boat
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:03:47 PM »

We walked from the #7 hwy bridge all the way to the mouth of the Chehalis. Their is no way of getting into it with a prop and I wouldnt even take a jet. Some points their is only one foot of water if not less.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »

Thanks, that's quite the walk, how long did it take you? 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 10:14:58 PM »

We got going about 6:30am and focused on the side channels and frog water for coho. We were never going in a straight line but lets put it this way we fished for about a total of 45mins and we were back at the truck by 11:30am. No coho anywhere, just tons and tons of chum and some springs. Lots of springs in the main stem but very few in the side channels. Chum were spawning anywhere and everywhere.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 10:43:43 PM »

there is no way you are going to get an 18 foot prop boat up there... I'm worried about getting my little 12 foot jon with jet in there right now with the current levels...

Even on a good day you're still dealing with stretches where there is 1 foot of water, sometimes less.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:50:36 PM »

This year its the lowest I have ever seen it. We could walk in places we could never have walked before.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 10:54:28 PM »

We did it last weekend with a 16' and 80 horse prop. Didn't even come close to grounding out and we went above the Chehalis mouth.

mikethesportsfisher

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

ghu can run up to the mouth of the chehalis EASILY! just gotta stick to the main flow, I think the chehalis everyone here is talking about(except ts) is the one that flows out of the "flats", the chehalis also flows in at the top of the "rapids" as some call it, right below the chehalis native bands boat launch....just watch out for sandbars that pop up here and there and your fine, we used to run the harrison this late in the year with our 15' 50hp prop just fine....well, it got replaced  5 yrs ago by well........

Mike <")))))><