Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder or Chahalis  (Read 1621 times)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Vedder or Chahalis
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:05:18 AM »

Which one would be better at the moment I will be going up this weekend.Try to search for that elusive coho.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder or Chahalis
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »

With lack of precip and freezing weather, I would assume the chehalis will be gin clear and low again.  reports I have heard from last weekend with the high water indicated not many coho in the chehalis....under the current situation, I dont anticipate much change to that.  I would recommend the vedder.

Ribwart

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

Steely...I hit the chehalis on monday. I was pleased at the number of fish I found, and the number I hooked...you would have to work at it somewhat though, and I would recommend going up into the canyon. Like gooey said, water level might be a factor. The volume of flow was awesome on monday, don't know how much it's fallen by now...
(here's the link for specifics: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12456.msg118649#msg118649 )

Hope that helps,
rib
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:02:01 AM by Ribwart »

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »

Thanks guys.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 09:11:59 PM »

Was at the chehalis this morning and boy has it ever dropped since sunday. It was pretty tough fishing and I had to do alot of hiking to find poles with coho. Did manage two both lost. One really nice northern at the beach ( was by myself no bigsteel to tail my fish) and the other one on the fly which came right back at my head after a few minute battle. If you are heading to the chehalis keep your eyes open for the bears. I did see alot of tracks today more than usuall and did come across some doe chum that had their bellys torn open. About a dozen or so. And I thought that some of the fishermen where bad about taking the roe and leaving the fish  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day