Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ANGLERS WEST FLY & TACKLE  (Read 2796 times)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
ANGLERS WEST FLY & TACKLE
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

Has anyone been to store on West Broadway in Vancouver. Are the prices any good and how's the customer service? I'm looking for a fly rod and reel and I'm just wondering if this is a good store to shop at.

Hook Set

Re: ANGLERS WEST FLY & TACKLE
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:43:29 PM »

I was there a couple weeks ago and they were going out of bussiness. I dont know if their sales are still going on or if they are closed

Ribwart

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:45:15 PM »

yeah unfortunatley they are in receivership....really too bad it was a great shop, Scott was always very helpful...The auctioneers might still be in there selling verything at a discount...

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 10:45:48 PM »

Did you see any good deals?

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 04:17:21 AM »

went in there to check it out the other day no much left as for sale price it's no different than going to another store and getting at reg price.

Ribwart

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »

Scruffy's right, not much left in the way of deals, and even when there was lots in there, it wasn't that great a deal....I got a good deal on a vest, and a good waterproof jacket, that's about it...Last I saw, there were lots of flies still to be had, some rods, and fly reels, a few clothes but no much else after that....

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »

I will miss the store and am not going to disect the demise of the store. Scott is a good guy as was most of the staff and am sure that he will get some offers from other stores.maybee he will give us a new contact number for spey casting lessons
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 03:46:51 PM »

Scott is a good guy who looks after his customers. Too bad the store is closing. I'm going to miss that store.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:23:48 PM »

Finally made it into that place!
As mentioned notta hellvua lotta stuff left.
Picked up a nice pair of Shimano pliers cheap, also some Scotty downriggers accessories for 60% off.

Spoke with the 'other owner' for a bit-of course as always there's another side to the whole story-which we won't go into here. ::)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 01:12:14 PM »

What the other owner told you the truth? like me the owner of speyco went in and stole my own inventory of feathers! like 2500$ worth ,so now I'm a thief.
and he wont pay the 450$ that the store owes to me!Trust me I have done 10's of thousands dollars worth for this slimeball and he would still screw me.

Scotty would never do this to "his friends". so I have been behind both sides of the fence.