Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local Lakes and Greetings!  (Read 1099 times)

Chuck23

Local Lakes and Greetings!
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:59:40 AM »

Hi all!  I think that I am the newest member (for now!)  I live in Burnaby and have started to fish the local lakes for trout.  I haven't fished fresh water in years and years (since I was a kid) and have enjoyed getting back into the action.  I shore fish only and am looking for any local lakes/creeks/rivers that are easy to get to and fish for trout.  I am more interested in fishing trout with light tackle rather than Salmon at this point.  I'll graduate to Salmon later!  :)

I am thinking of hitting Deer late on my way home from work tonight (let traffic die down)  Are there any trout in there and should i fish from the dock at the East end of the lake?

Any suggestions on this or other local lakes would be a help.

Thanks fellow fisher-folk!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 01:17:42 PM by Chuck23 »

Chuck23

Re: Local Lakes and Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:52:06 AM »

Wow - I though someone would say hello at least by now!  I'm also heading up to the Sunshine Coast in a couple of weeks to hit the local streams up there.  I have read some about Cutty fishing in creeks / rivers but have never done it.  Tips on locations (as what to watch for - not your favorite fishing hole) would be great.

Thanks!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »

Hello Chuck! Welcome to FWR ;). I think Deer lake is a fair trout fishery, but i hear carp fishing is better. im not a carp expert, but i believe a piece of dough works good.

Cheers ;),
Coho Cody

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 04:26:43 PM »

Deer lake (and a couple of local lakes) was recently stocked as well so you could probably find some action there in the evening.  Carp fishig is decent, never done it though, and I understand shore access isn't too bad.  Welcome.