Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ChumFest 2006!  (Read 1718 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
ChumFest 2006!
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

Well, it's that time of year again!
The chumlies have indeed moved into the inside waters & Brown's Bay Marina (15 minutes north of Campbell River) is once again hosting the area's biggest Chum Derby next weekend.

Last year was a REEL Hoot! These fish are see-through bright, and as fiesty as any salmon on the end of your line! Each one battles different, many with aerial displays that would make any coho proud, and many that bulldog & sulk in the mud like a large spring! Unbelieveable numbers, last year in 3 outings we landed 57 from the Dream Weaver in just 3 short outings!! Some of the most FUN you can have with your cloths on   ;D

This year, there's about 70 of us (mostly from FishBC and SportFishingBC sites) that are attending as a group. Some very great comraderie both on and off the water!

The full details can be found here: http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=33036

Just a word to the wise: If you plan on attending, make a few calls NOW! Moorage is getting skimpy as I understand it, and they're close to having sold all of the Derby Tickets!

Hope to see a few of you up there!!

Cheers,
Nog
http://members.shaw.ca/dreamweaversportsfishing/

PS: Still have an opening or two following the Derby for anyone not wishing to drag their rig over there  ;)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: ChumFest 2006!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:36:20 PM »

Hope...Hell I know you guys/gals will have a ball...One day I'll pull the time off and go too...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:56:39 AM »

Hi Matt, hope you and the gang have a great and safe time this weekend. :) One day I will be over with the video camera to capture the action. ;) I am picking up Ross tomorrow evening for dinner after his arrival at YVR. He will bring a couple of DVDs to you. ;) Make sure he brings some fresh chums back to the mainland. ;D

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »

Make sure he brings some fresh chums back to the mainland.

aYup :)

Welcome  HardCore back to Paradise  ;)

Thanks Gentz, Now we have a Derby to compete in  ;D

Hunting now......

Wait For IT... ;D

:D
Nog
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 01:19:52 AM by IronNoggin »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:05:41 PM »

Leaving on Thursday morning. Last year was awesome and I am expecting it to be even better. Oh and the fishing is also pretty good  ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:37:47 PM »

aYup! T'was indeed a BLAST!  ;D

Fishing was rather tough this year compared to last - at least through the Derby that is - We limited the boat both days before, and both days after the Derby, but could hardly buy a fish when it mattered! Not to worry, the camraderie of 70 plus Fishing Buddies (read NutBars) was absolutely brilliant! The inane radio chatter, the sabatogue (spp?) and the subtrefuge, the endless jokes, and of course the PARTY with loads of Friends made the outting more than a Great Time. And, two of the top prizes were again captured by our crew! Sweet!

Full details and pix of the weekend's Fun can be found here:
http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=39755

I'll run up a post about next year's festivities a tad earlier so folks can consider attending. Trust me, it's some of the most FUN you can have with your clothes on!! 

Just home for a quick shower 'n shave... Headed back up in the am, likely be hanging about for a spell. Still have the odd opening, and last minute booking deals are about to be listed on my website: http://members.shaw.ca/dreamweaversportsfishing .
Anyone who hasn't experienced this fishery is really missing out! Pound for pound some of the better fighters amongst the salmon, and fast 'n furious action! Gimme a call if you think you might be interested 

Catch ya in a few weeks...

'Til Then, Tight Lines & Cheers!
Nog

PS: Hope the chumlies were to satisfaction Rod! that DVD you sent is AWESOME!! Thanks BIG TIME! I can see another foray in the works for you and Nina down the road...  ;)
Cheers