Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maple Leaf Bar #2...bike trek...  (Read 2199 times)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
Maple Leaf Bar #2...bike trek...
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »

Headed out to Leaf Bar#2 this morning with Nuggy. We arrived to the designated spot and unpacked and packed everything to our bikes and headed out for a long hard 30min ride. It got pretty tuff at times; however, that did not compare to the tuff times on the actual bar ;D
Set out the presents and waited for the "slay" bells to ring...if you catch my drift ;D

After about 30mins, I hit a small whitefish ::)
Throughout the day it got rainy then colder then warm then the wind came and got cold agina >:(
This was about when we decided to build up a mall fire to warm up the socks and body! :D

Ok, along with the reel action :-\
Overall I would gestimate that we had about 9 fairly good hits(not white fish) but they wouldn't stay long enough for me to set the hook :'(
Finally I got into one! He wouldn't stop surging and swimming...fast. We was off pretty soon, didn't see him but felt like a good one.
After that I started to cast around some of Rodney's spoons. Hit a Coho unexpected, so I wasn't in the right position to set the hook >:( I knew that it was most likely a Ho becuase he hit it close to shore, and seeing as how the water is soooo clear, I was able to spot a big sliver log wriggling away! Lost it >:(

Anyways, that was about it for us the whole day.
4:30pm...lets begin that long ride again :'( ;D

Also a lot of boats headed to Leaf Bar 1.
Oh and incase any of you forgot about flosser's after the sockye season...there were a few people slaying up chumps over and over. Sad to see those ugly fish dragged up on shore...to see what it is ??? ???
Planning on hitting the Lower tomorrow.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Maple Leaf Bar #2...bike trek...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »

Flossing chums...This has to end. Time to write some more letters I guess.........

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »

Yup, thats what happens! ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »

thanks for the report LIL fisherman
weeeeeeeeeow!