Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Chum From Bars Around Maple Ridge/Mission?  (Read 2127 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Fishing Chum From Bars Around Maple Ridge/Mission?
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »

So I'll be working up the Valley the middle of next week and since I'm in the 'hood and drifting some bright coloured wool under a float for Chums off one of the bars sounds like fun if there's time.

The challenge is that I've only fished Sturgeon from that side and have no idea where to go.

Any input as to an easily accessible location?

Or is all Salmon fishing up there closed? :-\

A friend advised me to forget the Stave as it's too low and the Vedder Zoo doesn't appeal at all.

Any/all relevant info/comment opinion much appreciated
TIA.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Fishing Chum From Bars Around Maple Ridge/Mission?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »

*sits back and waits to see if the old saying about attracting more people with sugar than salt is true*

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »

after all your negative comments on this forum I would not be surprised if anyone gives you any infomation at all.
Noted

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »

I am not one to judge people. I have not liked all his comments but I will help anyone. Their is a bait ban in place right now so barfishing with roe is out of the question. Throwing spoons and spinners on the north side of the river can be very productive. There are many pull outs along this side of the river as well as a couple of wharfs that are accessible. Their is not enough current to throw out a spin n glo.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »

Bait ban for salmon fishing (in Tidal Fraser) ends tonight. ;D Hatchery coho retention begins tomorrow, two fish per day.

LOADS of chums moving through right now, at least where I have been stationing. Most have not been cooperating. Actually, let me rephrase, ALL have not been cooperating. ::) The fish that are going through are really chrome, the ones I saw last night anyways.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 02:55:42 PM »

I stand corrected. Under Mission Bridge is a very popular spot and does produce. Just use a 4oz weight and some roe.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 05:53:11 PM »

I checked out the Stave on the way home today. The river is low but I don't see it as a negative. The rippers/snagmasters are all having a hard time since since the river is too low and wide for them to dift there grapling hooks. The fish are there (I spoted a fair number), bright sunligh will make them a little shy but a good presentation in the shadows should work well. As for the snaggers I think they will tire of catching rocks quickly.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 08:10:19 PM »

I am going to take my little guy out to mission to do some bar fishing on monday. I hope that we can get into a few chums or even the odd coho.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day