Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder thurs. 10-05  (Read 1835 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Vedder thurs. 10-05
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »

Well, days like this make fly fishing look a lot better ;D ...I for one am TIRED...tired I tell you of seeing lots of fish and watching them ignore everything you offer them....I fished up top for a few hours..found away to cross the river and fished a great couple pools with deep slow water...watched many fish pass by..but they weren't interested in Roe sacks, Wool, spin n glo's or spoons...Finally headed down to the lower river, Hooked into another big chum...man he went nuts...just started jumping and went back and forth across the river doing it...coming towards me got slack in the line,,( C.P. was not keeping up with him )....got the line on a fin and tore out like a bat out of hell,,,,leader snapped with that....He was colored up pretty good as was all the fish I saw today....

Here's the highlight of the day...I was watching this guy clean up the river...

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Vedder thurs. 10-05
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »

Thanks for the report, Good luck freak ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:56:38 PM »

Hey Freak...FYI...I tried the anise oil, and egg scent...forgot my damn Krill...roe sacks were milking extreamly well too...No love..Wasn't first light but a few of the pools never got sun while I was fishing them...Just lots of fishing moving through...

ERNIE

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »

I too was on the river today.  I fished hard for about 7 hours straight.

Despite my best efforts, I did not hook one good fish all day.  In fact the only hook up I did have was a very small trout or something that bit on roe (released immediately)   I also tried roe, spinners, some roe, and small wool tyings.

There are some fish in the river but it is SO low and clear, the fish can see your line a mile away.  To say that the fish are tight lipped is an under statement.  On one run I found, you could see a small group of coho holding together at the end of the run.  I put on a very light leader and some roe and was sure that one would go for my presentation.  The fish actually saw my line coming down and moved out of the way.  I would estimate that the fish were moving away as soon as my line was four feet in front of them.

After this incident I packed it up for the day.  It is my humble opinion that the Vedder River is not worth fishing until we get a SERIOUS amount of rain, at least a few good days down pour.   Hope you have better luck than me,   Ernie

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »

i will be out tommorow morning will see what happens when i get back

Hey fishfreak,if you can find the right water.Watch out you going to smoke your centerpin pin for sure   ;).Hope you have fun with your father in law in this few days.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:29:29 PM »

Hey freak I am also heading out tomorrow with searun but I plan to bring the flyrod. Hopefully I can get one or two to hit the fly  ;D ;D ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day