Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lafarge (poaching?)  (Read 3030 times)

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
lafarge (poaching?)
« on: October 01, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »

I went to lafarge yesterday caught 1 nice fat 17 incher.lost 3 others that felt pretty good ( barbless hooks always everywhere is my rule).Started at 8:00 quit at 12:00.Used olive bugger,black leech,olive damsel,and green dragon.got hits on allof them. landed the 17 incher on the damsel. I was  fishing from a pontoon boat and I had a depth sounder  cause I wanted to see just how deep lafarge is. max. depth was 20' 12 was about avr. Rod has posted that 300 fish were put in last week but my sounder showed just a few here and there. I don't doubt that rod is right, so where did those fish go?  ???Also while I was there I saw something that bothered me enough to report it to the rapp lne..There was 1 guy useing 2 lines from shore.Saw another guy kill his 4 limit leave then come back. Saw another person who killed at least 3 that I saw, then a woman (maybe his wife) came and  took something and left then returned.Both of these people that returned continued to fish and kill their catch. >:( >:(Could this be where the fish went?They returned rather quickly.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: lafarge (poaching?)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »

theres an otter in the lake also that eats all the fish. they havnt clued in that something has to be done about the problem.

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:10:48 PM »

Hmm, I have wanted to try lafarge from my float tube. But is it still going to be worth it with the otters and "poachers"?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 02:37:57 PM »

Hi Trout80, I took your information and followed up with the COs responsible for the area. Here's a response:

We received the RAPP call on Saturday afternoon and one of our Officers attended. He issued a ticket to the individual with two rods but he was not in possession of any fish. The Officer feels that the fisherman who was over limit saw him and left the scene before he could be checked.

We will continue to patrol the stocked lakes as our time allows.

sliverbullet

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:04 PM »

i was fishing there one time and an asain guy bonked 12 fish and some old guy called him and and all his gear and his truck got taken
simple as one phone call

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »

Thanks rod,I appr. Your time and letting me know something was/is being done.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 02:40:40 PM »

Thanks rod,I appr. Your time and letting me know something was/is being done.

No problem. The general perception in the angling public is that conservation officers and DFO officers do not bother with most reported offences. While it is impossible to attend every single reports, they do their best to catch violators. They always need our help, so make sure everyone phones in when you see an violation that is being carried out.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »

its starting to get bad down there with all these nutcases >:(

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »

Yeah, I was at buntzen one day and some asain guy had 4 trout and continued fishing, He caught a trout and was going to bonk it , but I told him the limit was 4 and he realeased it.
weeeeeeeeeow!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 04:34:14 PM »

It has happended soo many times that Ive seen, the next time I see someone doing the same and not cooperating...im going to call DFO. Whether they do anything about it or not, im sure it will show the "bad" fisherman what and what not to do.
I am hoping to give Lafarge a try for the first time this weekend.
If anyone is insterested and flushing out some illegal fisherman than lemme know. :)