Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder September 30th  (Read 5650 times)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Vedder September 30th
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 07:17:24 PM »

Birman hit a cliped spring last weekend as well. Some chap on the river said that it was a red, and they clip reds, but birdmans fish turned out to be a whitey.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 07:18:13 PM »

You guys are all talk and no Pictures or proof, except for roe Kids Minnows. Smells fishy to me, probably just the smell of white springs on your hooks. Time to watch the Bruins game, see what there made of. ;D

I forgot my camera at home but you are welcome to come and smell my vest ;D

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 07:21:25 PM »

You guys are all talk and no Pictures or proof, except for roe Kids Minnows. Smells fishy to me, probably just the smell of white springs on your hooks. Time to watch the Bruins game, see what there made of. ;D

I forgot my camera at home but you are welcome to come and smell my vest ;D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »

very nice fish to you all i hope i have the same luck as you guys did today ::) and thanks for the report :)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 10:25:45 PM »

Went out to the mouth in the boat today, and launched at barrowtown... It was some tricky navigating to say the least... Hit one good sized log on the way back just before dark, and I have to say I'm much more familiar with the topography now!

We got into 1 hatchery coho jack, 1 clipped steelhead smolt, 2 pike minnows and and a huge peamouth chubb:

Nice to get into the first coho of the season the second trip out, I saw many more coho very tight lipped, and chum were rolling everywhere... Some were chasing the coho right out of the water, so that may have been part of the reason why they were so spooked. The water was a bit murky, and abolutely perfect...

The fly of choice were the black mirage muddler, and the black crystal bugger...

It was a gorgeous day today, totally calm, not many boats... Those people I saw were all friendly with the exception of one pair of redneck cretin types, they just glared at us and would not say hi... Little did they know they were the brunt of some jokes for a few mintues, banjo impersonations and such :)

Oh yes and we lost LOTS of flies... be prepared to part with a couple dozen patterns if you want to work the water properly...

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, so that is it for this week!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM »

Nice report and photo's as well as a good looking coho jack. ;D Sounds like a good outing away from the crowds on the main river.

fishfinder

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 11:12:05 PM »

That is a really nice photo of the river! You caught the light perfectly.

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 11:18:14 PM »

Nice HO ;D

mykiss

• Canadian Aquatics
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006, 01:12:13 AM »

Went out to the mouth in the boat today, and launched at barrowtown... It was some tricky navigating to say the least... Hit one good sized log on the way back just before dark, and I have to say I'm much more familiar with the topography now!

We got into 1 hatchery coho jack, 1 clipped steelhead smolt, 2 pike minnows and and a huge peamouth chubb:

Nice to get into the first coho of the season the second trip out, I saw many more coho very tight lipped, and chum were rolling everywhere... Some were chasing the coho right out of the water, so that may have been part of the reason why they were so spooked. The water was a bit murky, and abolutely perfect...

The fly of choice were the black mirage muddler, and the black crystal bugger...

It was a gorgeous day today, totally calm, not many boats... Those people I saw were all friendly with the exception of one pair of redneck cretin types, they just glared at us and would not say hi... Little did they know they were the brunt of some jokes for a few mintues, banjo impersonations and such :)

Oh yes and we lost LOTS of flies... be prepared to part with a couple dozen patterns if you want to work the water properly...

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, so that is it for this week!

Cheers,
Nicole

Nice fishes Nicole!

I can't wait till I get some time off and take my neice out fishing!

Sounds like you had a blast! and the weather seemed great too!!! I better start tying flies!!!!
Here fishy fishy......

www.canadianaquatics.com

Sabre

• Bite Me
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »

Nice fish Nicole :)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »

thanks for the report nicole, Nice fish!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »

Nice Nicole, great job!! ;)  Did you see my catch of the day for today?  Almost as nice as yours!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!