Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found a Spot - TY  (Read 1414 times)

sassygrams

Found a Spot - TY
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »

Thank you to Reaction Fly Shop and Fred's for the wonderful advice and gear!  I just returned home after attempting to fish this morning - had fun and saw lots of other people catch some.  We were right at a hole, but didn't want to intrude on who was there so we watched them catch Spring all day - 15lbs average....  Wow!  It will take some time for us to learn -  but we are going back next weekend to try our luck...  Any suggestions - great...  If not, I understand - want to protect the good spots and methods :) 

I didn't get to the clean up  but I did walk the shore line for about an hour and cleaned up the garbage, used lines that I saw - my little contribution to enjoying such a beautiful place to fish.  It was very busy - but didn't seem to see anyone snagging - don't like that at all...

Hope you all had a nice day!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:02:54 PM by sassygrams »
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Found a Spot - TY
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

Nice to see that you got out and are contributing to the nver ending saga of keeping our rivers clean.  :)  You will get into some fish soon.  I wouldn't worry about that.  The most important thing right now is to take in as much knowledge as you can.   ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

sassygrams

Re: Found a Spot - TY
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 11:10:17 PM »

I don't believe it was lickman - it was by a dog park off of Keith Wilson Rd???  There was a few people all down the river - was a nice place to fish though, not too crowded and did not run into anyone rude....  I can't wait to go back next weekend - going to get out nice and early and see what happens.  Very new to these forums - but am reading them all to learn as much as I can.  Maybe we'll meet some of you and learn from the pro's :)
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton