Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Directions Please  (Read 1939 times)

sassygrams

Directions Please
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »

I REALLY want to do some fishing tomorrow and am hearing lots of the vedder river....  I spent 5 hours this afternoon trying to find where to fish off the shore - but no luck as I really have no idea where to go.  I would like to get up in the wee hours and drive out - can someone PLEASE give me directions to a nice spot for a day of good fishing...  My husband has never been salmon fishing - although he is an avid fly fisher.  We have our rods and tackle and regs - just need some friendly advice. 
I will be online for a short while - please advise.  We are coming from North Van and know where Chillawack is.....  Thank you kindly.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Directions Please
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:12:50 PM »

Come to the cleanup tomorrow morning and I am sure someone will help you out. ;D ;D

sassygrams

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »

I would love to help cleanup - but really want to fish... we tried ambleside this afternoon - but to no avail!  Feel free to let me know when the next clean up and I'll be more than happy to help out.  Does picking up the line at Ambleside count today?  If so, I get bonus points.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:21:30 PM »

Come to the cleanup tomorrow morning and I am sure someone will help you out. ;D ;D
Beat me to it Chris!!! ;D  Just so you know, the Cleanup is at Thompson Park, just take the Vedder Rd turn-off off the highway.  Stay on there until you see Fred's Custom Tackle on the left hand side.  They will be able to give you awesome directions.  Freds will be about 7-8 km's off the highway.  I think.  There will be a ton of people around at the Clean-up and someone will help. One a bunch of locations, and what to you. It is a real good learning oppurtunity. If you would like to come to this, just be there by about 9 am.  If you are going out before then, then just do what I did.  Drive along the river, and where you see some cars, walk in the trail to the river and take a look.  I found some of my favorite runs by doing just this!! ;)

PS: Me, ThickRick and Merc will be out before the clean-up.  SO fishing and Cleaning up can be done!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:23:04 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »

ahh wish I could come to the clean up guys, Got hockey at 3:00, so gonna have to stick in close :-\ ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 10:28:46 PM »

ahh wish I could come to the clean up guys, Got hockey at 3:00, so gonna have to stick in close :-\ ;)
Burnaby Express? ;D

Good idea BS, hope sassygrams takes your advice.