Advanced search  

Poll

Deroche side or Chillowack side?

y
- 6 (66.7%)
n
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Harrison Fish  (Read 2746 times)

Robbie

Harrison Fish
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

Is the Deroche side of the river very productive for barfishing or is it better to stay on the Chilliwack side.  What I am wondering is whether the Harrison fish take the route between Gilligans, Grassy and Wellington bars or do they cruise past Wingdam bar?  I dont have a depth finder in my boat and I was curious if that north side is even deep enough to run a prop boat up the channel.  Seems like there are some pretty cool channels on that side that need to be explored. p.s I didnt mean to add a poll I just don't know how to remove it.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Harrison Fish
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »

Say, if you don't have a boat but wantto fish the H - where abouts does one fish? I've never been there but want to go. thanks

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »

By the Hwy 7 bridge

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »

By the Hwy 7 bridge

that's it? So the land up river is not accessible on foot/car?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 01:07:01 PM »

Very accessible by foot. Alot of people park their car around the bridge and just walk up and down the bars casting flies and spoons. I've seen people flyfishing near the golf course there. (I forget the name)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:26:00 PM by Fish Assassin »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:09:12 PM »

Very accessible by foot. Alot of people park their car around the bridge and ust walk up and down the bars casting flies and spoons. I've seen people flyfishing near the golf course there. (I forget the name)
Sandpiper Golf Course.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

That's it Chris. Thanks.

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 05:22:48 PM »

The spot just up from the hwy 7 bridge in front of the golf course in the weeds is good water for flyfishing for Coho.  Also from the Kilby boat launch you can walk a long way down towards the Fraser mouth and fish however you want.  Its all good water.  Thanks for the reply btw Nuggy let us know how you do on the Deroche side.  P.s does that mean Maple leaf bar #2 is Queens Island bar?  Or do you mean the bar across Minto channelfrom island 22?  Ive seen guys Sturgeon fishing there quite a bit.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »

Howdy Robbie, I`m not sure if Leaf Bar #2 is Queen`s Island Bar, I think it is the top of Queens Island though but that is such a large area and I don`t have enough named maps or accurate knowledge of the area. Leaf Bar #2 is almost straight across Island 22 boat launch/Minto Channel and the north side of the Harrison channel of the Fraser.

I`m gonna head to Leaf Bar #2 tommorow am via the Deroche side and try and make it on land, it should be a good adventure. I`ll let you know how I make out. Hopefully I`ll have the problem of getting a large spring all the way back in my backpack ;D

Cheers

Nuggy
I am not positive but it may not be low enough to get across the channel to ML#2. :-\

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 12:50:50 AM »

The dike road to queens island bar is now gated I believe. My son and I went for a exploratory drive in july with our bar gear to find some of the bars that where walk in ( of course most bars that you coulkd walk to the bb filled them) and we tried to find queen island bar but they put a gate up. I do not know if you would want to leave your car at the gate or not. We decide that it would not be a good idea so I do not know how far of a walk it is to the bar. good luck.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day