Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser coho early September  (Read 9743 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Fraser coho early September
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2006, 01:47:21 PM »

People this could go on forever, and what would it accomplish? Everyone has their points of view, and I highly doubt that all this bickering is going to change anyones point of view!! So let's just agree to disagree.  Well, except for the fact that that was and is an incredible fish!!  ;D  As Nicole said, a fish of a lifetime for a lot of anglers.

PS, Hey Nicole, how you doin??  Was nice meeting you at the shop a while back and I like your new fiesty avator!!   ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2006, 01:52:10 PM »

Well you don't know this angler Jack, unlike most flossers, he acutally knows what he's doing... Why don't you just ask him where the fish was hooked, in or outside the mouth?

Do you know anything about about how to swing flies for Salmon Jack? Do you actually spey fish on the Fraser? I bet not, so you really have no idea or concept of how difficult it is.

Cheers,
Nicole

If he knows what he is doing then how did he end up hooking a fish that he was not targeting.  In my experience, certain flies or lures are more attractive to certain species of fish.  So, what you are saying is that he is the most unethical angler on the Fraser R. for purposely targetting Cohos --since he knows what he was doing.  I do not think that DFO's request for 'selective fishing method' means to target Cohos (in dangered stock included).

It is also very difficult to endure the pain of banging one's head against the concrete wall.  But just because it is difficult, it does not mean that the person who does it is an intelligent person.

I flyfish with a one hander and I swing them flies just fine.  My casting techniques is pathetic could definitely improve but my journal on flies that I use is certainly helpful in determining which flies can have higher probability of success on a particular species that I am  after.
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »

Ok then, head out to Pegleg with your single hander for a couple of days, and get back to us on the number of coho you catch, both inside and outside of the mouth :)

If you're concerned about coho bycatch, then you should lobby that barfishing should be stopped too... No fishing exept for sturgeon... We used to catch a ton of coho on bar rods...

Anyhow, I have some tying to do, to catch some coho tomorrow :)

Hey BigSteel, I'm doing great, going to do a bit of a salmon marathon tomorrow, see what's happening with the Vedder, haven't been out since Canada Day long weekend... It's been awhile! I did very well last september in a few choice spots, so I'm back at it, if any of you see me out there, say hi, I'll be at the cottonwoods and below. I have some absolutely fabulous new materials in my shopping bag today that I know will slay them this year... Watch out coho!

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 03:27:23 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2006, 03:30:23 PM »

Well, I will be out there Nicole, you never know.  I might just run into you.  MInd you I don't usually fish fly water.  Anyhow, good luck tomorrow, hope you get into something.  I know for the first couple hrs I will be flogging the water hard.  If I get inot a couple then great, if not......  Well, I don't want to think about that option at this time!! :D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Pat AV

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2006, 04:56:26 PM »

Buddy is back in the upper Pitt guiding for the lodge as we argue about his flaws and meritts, lets put the flossing debate to bed until next July shall we?
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav