x
« on: September 18, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »

x
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:26:37 AM by dennisK »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: hey car guys: Accord after market catalytic converter know as "high flow"?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:55 AM »

If you are worried about pasing emmissions then don't go with the high flow !!  I used to have high flow CC's on my Mustang and evry year I would have to change them back to the stock ones in oreder to pass aircare then I would switch them back, and expensive proposition if you aren't or don't know a mechanic :)  you could ask someone more famailliar with Honda's but I would think that you will find the same thing as I did

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:33:40 AM »

If you are worried about pasing emmissions then don't go with the high flow !!  I used to have high flow CC's on my Mustang and evry year I would have to change them back to the stock ones in oreder to pass aircare then I would switch them back, and expensive proposition if you aren't or don't know a mechanic :)  you could ask someone more famailliar with Honda's but I would think that you will find the same thing as I did

well said rick,and that high flow cat come with no warranty(it said all sales are final),i would not buy it,just  for the headache

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:13:22 AM »

A good high flow cat converter willl do the same job as a regular one.  I have one on my car and my car passed with flying colors.  In fact, I ended up getting the abbreviated testing on my car because the emissions were low.  But, not all c/c's are made the same and you get what you pay for.  So, at the very least make sure it's one that's legal in 50 states (american standards).  Mine is made by magnaflow and I paid 95 at Lordco.  Or check with Burnaby Auto parts.   A well maintained engine that is in good running order (to factory spec) will always pass, even if you put on some performance enhancements.  But the more radical the performance enhancement, the more the engine goes off factory spec and the likelier that it will fail aircare.  If your C/C needs to be replaced, then it might solve your NOX problem too.
President Club S. C. & P.