Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's with the Gun Shots???  (Read 14672 times)

mrking

Re: What's with the Gun Shots???
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

why would you insult someone for it???

Have to agree on this. Poking a little fun is good but no reason to insult people about it.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »

What would you guys do in general if some guy walked up to you and started flexing his muscles in your face...you might think he is trying to intimidate you, you might think he's being a show off, you might just think what a chump, and turn around and walk away.  Without a specific context, its kinda hard to interpret the action.

Now, consider that some of us are good friends with other members, but for the most part we are a bunch of strangers...and you're now flexing your muscles in everyones' face!  I personally, wouldn't expect anyone here to be interested in seeing a shot of my flexing bicept unless its holding up a big red spring I jsut flossed  ;).  Bottom line is that we are on this site because of our shared interest in fishing...I know there are lots of Body building web sites out there...guess what, I have never been to a single one, just not that interested in that sport right now!

So to all those guys who choose to put up pictures like that, just keep in mind that really not many people here share your level of enthusiasm and interest for body building.  So what impression do those pics make in general (on someone who doesnt give a turd), they probably think your jsut a bunch of show offs. 

Personally I can't say I am surprised with the reactions in general as I too think those shots are kinda out of place for a fishing web site...but thats just me!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

I guess Gooey I have a hard time seeing the relevance in what you are saying !!  someone posting a pic on here or talking about training can hardly be compared ( even remotely) to someone flexing their muscles in your face... How do you make that comparison???? pics on here are harmless , if you don't wanna look at them then don't, I am sure you can pick apart many of the avatars on here as most of them aren't fishing related on a whole !!!

Aside from that I understand that most of the exchanges that go on on this forum are good natured, but sometimes people cross the line from funny to insulting, and that is where the problem starts !!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »

I agree, we all need to be civil.  My point was that most people here aren't interested in bodybuilding/those type of pics so they probably seem out of context to most people.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2006, 11:34:06 AM »

I see your point  ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

LMFAO.I personally dont wanna see some pic of a guy flexing his muscles,(who cares)Size means nothing anyways.The bigger you are the harder youre gonna fall :o  ;D :D

Since you are ready to put down anything anyone says on here could you please explain what it is that you bring to this site that is so important or imformative or helpful in any way?? all you do is attack and insult all the members of this board... Size in Bodybuilding especially competetive Bodybuilding means everything, maybe in your life it means nothing .. in mine it means alot, and I never fall , maybe you should come and try and knock me down

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 02:04:12 PM »

By the way Purple Haze I bought you a subscription to this magazine, I figured you would be too busy hiding behind your keyboard to buy your own  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

chronic

• Don't eat $hit
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »

Chronic, your avatar looks like the view a big turd would have as its about to be my smelly socks out. LOL

heh the light at the end of the tunnel  ;D

thickrick, you took the words out of my mouth

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA nice one Rick!

Coastal

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2006, 02:32:11 PM »

Huh, pretty funny.  Obviously this is a contentious issue for many.  I'm 'sticking to my guns' on this one though!  ;D  I still find it bizarre and somewhat humorous to post pictures of your body on a fishing website.  To answer a few rants: no, I'm not jealous of your guns guys!  Yes, they're bigger than mine but...who cares?  Anyways, some have said that it doesn't matter what anyone's avatar (?) is, as long as it doesn't offend anyone.  I have to agree, and while your guns certainly don't offend me, don't be surprised if a handfull of us laugh and find it somewhat difficult to take you seriously if we run into you on the river.

Right...back to fishing!  Time to get back on West Coast Rivers (Nitinat, San Juan...aaaaaahhhhh).

Coastal
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:39:46 PM by Coastal »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2006, 02:56:15 PM »

Coastal I respect your opinion, like you said to each his/her own .. I personally just finished preparing for a BB show and I got an enormous amount of help and support from the members of this forum, and I think it is great that we can talk about more than just fishing on here,  I agree that the Avatars should be tasteful and so far I think most have kept it that way, hopefully one day we can meet on the flow... and I joke around so much anyways I don't expect you to take me seriously :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

4x4

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2006, 03:40:09 PM »

There are a ton of good Avatars and signatures on this site.

Who cares if someone wants to show there muscles. It's actually kinda entertaining. This is the General Discussion area and it's neat that you can learn about someones interests from there Avatar.
My son works out and it's amazing how defined and big he is getting. He loves all the shots in the Avatars.

As far as heavily muscled guys going down. Absolutely ;).
When I boxed, I loved fighting the heavily muscled guys. By the time the 5th to 7th round came up they were usually looking up at the ceiling. Those big guns get real heavy after swinging them for awhile.
The secret was don't get hit by them to often.

Some of you have to relax and understand the context the Avatars are posted in. :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »

Changed mine. Not because anyone here made my mind up for me but because I was bored of the old one.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »

Changed mine. Not because anyone here made my mind up for me but because I was bored of the old one.

I dunno Brian .... I think we can see a lil too much skin, and we can still see your guns  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »

I dunno Brian .... I think we can see a lil too much skin, and we can still see your guns  ;D

Ya well I cant cover them up, no shirts can hold them in LOL

I WISH  ;D

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family