Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Stealth Floats!  (Read 12410 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: New Stealth Floats!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2006, 10:41:27 PM »

Are you sure that you won't put a make me laugh sticker over their name  ;D ;D .
Good idea, never thought of that. ;D ;D Last year Joey had his # on one I found last season so I was able to return it to him.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 10:44:59 PM »

Alright then I better put my name or number on my drennen. Maybe I will get lucky.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 11:04:20 PM »

Alright then I better put my name or number on my drennen. Maybe I will get lucky.
Like finding a note in a bottle. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »

What size does the Stealth comes in now ?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 11:48:50 PM »

What size does the Stealth comes in now ?
I would say they are around 28 gram.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2006, 09:13:03 AM »

...... fishing with clear plastic floats is a waste of money if the water isn't low and clear.  Foam floats can be made just as sensitive if you weight them properly and can be picked up for free all over the river. 
Quite true!
People love to find new and better products but the fact is that a regular foam float-such as the one made by Ken MacInroy from Mission-are just as good and a good deal cheaper than any imported item.
Plus by buying something made locally I'm keeping more of my money here in the country I live in instead of sending it offshore-something we all do too much of already.

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »

sam salmon, does steveston marine in vancouver carry the new stealth float? thought you might know.

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006, 12:45:03 PM »

Any chance for these new floats to be available in a 'straight thru' sliding float?

After fishing straight thru drennans I don't think I could go back to a fixed float at all.

And for those people advocating that there is 'no reason to go clear plastic', well there is no real reason to use Ultragreen or Islanders either, heck, some old washers and nuts will work just fine for weights, and forget this fancy graphite rod stuff, a nice willow branch will work as well. (just saying.. it's nice to fish with nice equipment  ;) )

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »

They should be easy to adjust the lenght as the line will slide easily through the rubber tubing.
Just thawing out some roe to make some roe bags and will give them a dry run later this afternoon before I get serious tomorrow. ;D

fishfinder

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »

Any chance for these new floats to be available in a 'straight thru' sliding float?
After fishing straight thru drennans I don't think I could go back to a fixed float at all.

I suspect that's why it's priced lower than the Drennan because it's extremely difficult/pricey to make that a straight thru slider. Nice float, but I have no trouble catching coho and steelhead with McInroy's thru floats.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006, 02:49:57 PM »

sam salmon, does steveston marine in vancouver carry the new stealth float? thought you might know.
That place is near where I live but last I was there they had very little river gear just some Gibbs floats/weights/rubber tubing.
Phone 604-733-7031 and ask for Alfred-he's your man.
Or you could phone Steve Kay since according to another forum he's the one importing them.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2006, 05:22:26 PM »

Well, bought one this morning at reaction before heading out.  I really like them.  Stronger than a drennan at half the price.  Did require a bit more lead to get it floating properly but drifted really well.  I liked the sensitivity of the float and I was able to hook and land quite a few small coho on it.  I did snag up a few times and got the float back with no problems (I would be holding my breath with my drennans).  Overall, I like the stealths enough to replace my drennans.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2006, 07:03:33 PM »

Yes, I was there yesterday.  As well as Nikka.
President Club S. C. & P.

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 06:00:10 PM »

FYI

It has come to my attention that a couple of dealers that are listed on our dealer page have been a little slow in putting their Stealth inventory on the shelves.  All dealers on the Stealth dealer page (http://www.stealthfishing.com/dealers/) have received inventory so if you don’t see them on the shelves please don’t hesitate to ask.

Also Steveston Marine in Vancouver will also now be stocking stealth floats.

SFT
Fish with Stealth!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »

these are my new floats for a long time i really like them
Have agree as they are first class floats at a reasonable price, also high performance as you may have read under my fishing report as I caught a fish on my first drift using them. ;D