Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Stealth Floats!  (Read 12409 times)

PistolPete

Re: New Stealth Floats!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 03:13:27 PM »

Checked them out at dart and tackle friday not a big fan of the rubber , It would be nice if they could make Drennan's that thick though .

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 03:37:35 PM »

Hell i'm going to pick some up if for no other reason then the guy coming on here to tell us about them... ;) ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »

I picked up a couple today as well, and will be catching a fish or 4 on them tomorrow!!  Then When I come home victorious I will post some pics on here!! ;D  Did someone mention Free floats to those that do that sort of thing? ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 04:16:19 PM »

Big steel, you have to catch real fish in order to be eligible for free floats ;) rocks don't count :D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

Rick i wouldnt say that to loud , you like dink that floats  ;D
Well lets see ..... You are a Dink and I am sure that you float, and I kinda like you so yes you are right !!!!! ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »

You think you are sad now??  wait till tommorrow when I outfish you .. then you will be sad :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »

Rick i wouldnt say that to loud , you like dink that floats  ;D
Well lets see ..... You are a Dink and I am sure that you float, and I kinda like you so yes you are right !!!!! ;D
Get a room you 2!!  Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.  Upon recieveing a couple of these Stealth floats, they look very promising for Clear water applictaions, and I saw the freak bounce one off a rock and it didn't break!!  I would be interested in different sizes as well, but I will give them a test run tomorrow, now that I lost my DNE float!! ::) :'(  Chris if you find the one that I posted up here the other day........ ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »

lol, I also picked up 3 today.

ps : rick tomorrow you have to beat up bs for me, he was being a bully ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

Picked mine up today and do the Maple Leaf logo's every look good on them.. Will be selling the Drennans off sans the Leaf Logo.

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »

Wow!  Over 330 views and the web site traffic is going crazy!  A big thanks to every one for there enthusiasm for the new Stealth Float. 

This project took over a year to make a reality so to see this reaction is very rewarding, thank you again.

Now just to answer a couple of questions.
The Stealth float will hold slightly more weight than a Drennan # 3
The overall length is longer but this is because of the ends required to allow for the collars to attach the float to the line.
The surgical tubing may be a new concept but it works very well and the neutral color blends in to the surroundings  perfectly. We went with this tubing because it was inexpensive and readily available. Make sure to use 1-inch sections for best results!
We also made it a priority to make this float as durable as possible and the one piece design really makes a difference.
As far as more sizes are concerned this is planned for the future probably some time in 07
Right now we are just getting the ball rolling so we came out with a size that would be best for most situations.

We are very pleased with the new Stealth float and are confident that you will also find them to be a premium float at a reasonable price

SFT
Fish with Stealth!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 06:28:30 PM »

Very pleased with mine as is the Master, it is sure good to support a local endeavor. I am going to baptize mine on Monday morning in a secret new run I have found. It is called, Maple Leaf Stealth Run of course. ;D ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 07:41:31 PM »

Yes im now float fishing Sturgeon Rod. ;)
You can send me yours because you only need to use a wine cork when fishing the Pike Minnows. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »

Wine cork?? How uncivilized and brutal on the delicate minnows. :o We use corkies. ;) The corkie is attached to the main line like a float, unlike some who choose to utilize them in an "unethical manner" by allowing it to slip all the way down to the hook. ;D ;D ;D

Very pleased with mine as is the Master, it is sure good to support a local endeavor. I am going to baptize mine on Monday morning in a secret new run I have found. It is called, Maple Leaf Stealth Run of course. ;D ;D

After two blanked trips, can we come film you on Monday when the Stealth float drowns? ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »

Just shortfloat them and you will have no problems. ;D If you lose them I will find them for you. Just put your phone number on them and I will trace you down through telus reverse phone book. ;D ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »

Are you sure that you won't put a make me laugh sticker over their name  ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day