Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any one else have this problem?  (Read 2871 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Any one else have this problem?
« on: September 13, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

After a fairly miserable summer of finding out I'm mortal, I'm extremely excited about this fall and hitting the rivers and lakes.....But here's a problem I have and wonder if anyone is in the same boat...

I want it ALL

Whenever I'm out fishing with my drift gear...I wish I would have brought my fly gear instead...When I'm out with my fly gear (which is most of the time now) I always find spots where my fly rod won't work but you know it's fishy as hell, would be perfect if I had my drift gear...

In a perfect world I would be able to have both with me...I've actually taken both up and fished both and it's fun but sucks humping all that around...And of course there's no way you can leave one set up in your vehicle... >:(

I'm so bad I've actually gone back and forth between my truck two or three times taking stuff out and replacing it with the other...and then switching back again...Just crazy...I've even just given up and taken both and wait till I get to my buddies house to choose which one I'll fish...AND of course I always end up thinking I picked the wrong one once i get to the river...

I've debated on asking the Reaction or Fred's if I can rent a small corner where I can leave the gear that ends up losing for the day...AHHHH...I think this is The one reason that I haven't tried a center pin .... I would never be able to leave as my mind would meltdown trying to decide between three.... :-[

OK, it's all tongue in cheek to a point...but these dilemma's make more grey hairs then teenagers out late on Friday nights..What's a guy to do???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Any one else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »

What you need is a fishing rod caddy, similar to golfing. ;D ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:35:07 PM »

What you need is a fishing rod caddy, similar to golfing. ;D ;D

Amen CG...you available?

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »

Here's the culprits.    Man you know I'm bored at work doing this!!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:38:16 PM by golfman65 »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »

Bring all of them  :D I know a guy who brings a minimum of 2 rods on his trip; one for casting spoons, spinners and the other rigged for floatfishing. On more than one occasion I've seen him bring his fly rod as well.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:24:06 PM »

Yeah for sure.  My vest can carry a rod and i've got two hands to carry the spares.  Problem is that once you get a fish, you're going to have to double up somewhere  ;D  Overall though, thats a good problem.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »

i myself prefer too carry 2rods with mr no matter where i go to fish. you just never know when you are going to need the 2nd one

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »

Nice quiver of rods GM!

I always worry about bringing extra rods with me, as I am always concerned with theft from my vehicle when parked in out of the way places...

A rod caddy though, now we are talking!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 11:51:01 AM »

A rod caddy though, now we are talking!

Great! you busy next sat? now i could bring all my rods out finally!  ;D

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 12:03:45 PM »

I have a slim-profile back pack that holds 2 rods easily, plus i tend to hike around holding rod if I see a spot I want to fish quickly without removing my pack and putting the rod together. Got room for water (cemal-back), any food, jacket too).

The pack I use right now is meant for skate-boards, and has 2 parallel straps that have grip-rubber on the insides of them that go left-to-right, you can fit the rods against the body of the pack and secure with the 2 straps with the reels in between the straps. They fit quite securely.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 12:23:22 PM »

i always bring multi gears when i fish. its a hassle, but it sure pays off when you hook and land nice chromers.  its an obsession that can sometimes mean the difference between success and failure.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »

I will rod caddy for anyone that wants to pay for gas out to the river and gives me $20/hr. However i get to fish too ;D What are young backs for?! lol