Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meeting With Environment Minister Barry Penner  (Read 1391 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Meeting With Environment Minister Barry Penner
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:37:14 PM »

I was able to get an audience with Barry Penner tonight and passed on the concern of mine and many others for the need for more enforcement on the Chilliwack Vedder River system. I said we need a full time CO to deal with fishing infractions and illegal garbage dumping.

In the open forum part of the meeting I once again brought up my concern so others in attendance could hear my appeal. One person in attendance even challenged my suggestion another full time officier would cost too much of our taxpayers money. ::) I added this is the most heavily used river in the Province and along with the Fraser it generates millions of dollars to the economy along with tax dollars paid on many services and supplies.

Anyway Barry said he would discuss staffing levels with his ministry officials so maybe the Chilliwack Vedder will get more attention in the future. Who knows what will happen but at least I tried and will do a follow up in the near future.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: Meeting With Environment Minister Barry Penner
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:21:29 AM »

He should just station at KWB hole. That should keep him busy in writing tickets.  ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »

You were that close to Penner and you didn't kick him in the bahoka? :-\ There more likely to put a fishing lodge at the Keith Wilson Bridge than a CO. Then make it prvate property. Good on ya for trying anyway. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:04:43 AM »

good for you chris lets hope they understood what we need on the rivers
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:00:20 AM by Rodney »

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »

we have to make them understand that B.C's rivers are not for sale, the fisheries have to be available to one and all, which won't be the case if they are allowed to continue with their planned franchising  of the prime waters.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!