Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 fall Chilliwack River fishing information  (Read 6056 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
2006 fall Chilliwack River fishing information
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 03:09:44 PM »

Still a bit early, there is the odd Jack spring in there.  With the water being so low, I would try tossing some spoons below the Number 1 bridge. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

Any deep hole in the chedder will produce a spring rite now.They are there.
Yes the odd one may have been able to make it through 4" of water on certain parts of the river.  But they are not there in any type of numbers.
Brad, what would you know about the Vedder and what it is like so far this year, you are an Island guy now.  ::) Stop trying to waste peoples gas money.  When the fish are REALLY in they will know. ;)

frenchy

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 04:14:22 PM »

Hi,

I do not know if it would be better to start a new topic or not...

Now that my main source of information (Anglers West) concerning fishing in BC is closed (I am crying every night in my bed  :'(), I do not know where to ask my silly questions, so I try with you guys.

I had some success fishing for stealhead last winter using gooey bob, jensen eggs, pink worms and colorado blades, trying one spot with a couple of these "baits" and then fishing another spot and I would like to know if it is the same kind of "baits" and "strategy" also work for salmon. I have mainly heard about wool and roe for salmon, but what about spin'n glow, gooey bobs and others?

thanks

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 04:22:24 PM »

Frenchy, you could try things such as Gooey Bobs with some wool and some scent, but the mainstays for salmon are Roe, wool and blades(colorados).  With honorable mentions going to tossing Spinners and Spoons.  the thing is, you have to know when and where to use certain methods.  The wool and roe pretty much work for all water, although I would not suggest using roe in really fast water.  Blades work well in fast water and really well in tailouts.  Spoons and spinners would work well in tail outs, and slow to dead water.( deep pools with lttle current) I have also seen some success with jensen eggs and wool for coho.  Just keep flogging the water and try many differnt things. Usually, the fish will at some point hit something.  You just have to figure out what that is. ;)

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »

Hi,

I do not know if it would be better to start a new topic or not...

Now that my main source of information (Anglers West) concerning fishing in BC is closed (I am crying every night in my bed  :'(), I do not know where to ask my silly questions, so I try with you guys.

I had some success fishing for stealhead last winter using gooey bob, jensen eggs, pink worms and colorado blades, trying one spot with a couple of these "baits" and then fishing another spot and I would like to know if it is the same kind of "baits" and "strategy" also work for salmon. I have mainly heard about wool and roe for salmon, but what about spin'n glow, gooey bobs and others?

thanks
Frenchy you bring up a very intresting point with the spin`n glows, last year i was fishing the vedder and i was comming up to a run where a guy already had a fish on. He was using very small spin`n glows and he said it was his 6th fish of the day. I gave them a try but they would screw up the line on my centerpin and i couldent cast too far without all of the line just jumping out the spool.
[

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2006 fall Chilliwack River fishing information
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »

Hahahahahahaa
??? ??? ???.what are you trying to say?? :D :D :D ;) ;)
Big Steel ,Thanks for the information,so i better stay home,cause is no fish at the vedder yet,i dont want to waste my gas ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 05:06:28 PM by BIG T »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »

alright fish are in the canal. cant wiat to fight the white springs and bring home some coho

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

What ever happened to the days when the best fishing report a person could get was actually going out to the flow of choice and fishing it instead of depending on other peoples opinions on the internet,i know with the cost of gas etc the internet can be a very handy tool and passing on some helpfull info is all good but the more time you spend on the water the more knowledge you will gain about the best times and methods used to fish certain systems,When a river like the vedder is open there is allmost allways something in it to fish for regardless of the time of year so why not get out and enjoy it before the river gets to crowded,some of my most successfull outings on the vedder have been this time of year when most people are still sitting at home in front of their computers waiting for the word to get around that the fish are in,by this time i know several guys that will have caught more coho than most people do when it is at its peak,i guess my point is to get out there and fish it you just might be surprised by what you catch.cheers, SR17. :) :)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »

I agree with searun of course. I have been with him on more then just a few occasions when the early fishing is just amazing. It can on some days be alot of work to get some fish but it sure is better then sitting at home waiting for a report.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

frenchy

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »

Thanks a lot bs

Sure, but you can do both... ::). Go on the river and ask some info on internet.

I will be on the river next monday, see you there