Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fish and skate  (Read 1334 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
fish and skate
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »

I'll be up there again this year with a buddy of mine in mid-October.  I've never been up there and done anything but fishing, but thought it might be nice to bring the skates and skate slap the puck around during the evenings.  Does anyone know if there's ice near Chilliwack?  If so, are there drop in nights?  We can hold our own on the ice as far as skating goes, but prefer not to play with guys who are into a lot of contact.  We still have jobs and families to get back to and prefer not to do it with missing teeth or broken arms. 

One other thing.  We're registered with USA Hockey, which fulfills the requirements for tournaments in BC.  Do you think that's enough to satisfy the rink for a pick up game?  Thanks

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: fish and skate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »

There should be at least 2 ice rinks in Chilliwack. My nephew played there.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »

There is drop in hockey that usually is during the day at Twin Rinks in Sardis. They should be a schedule on the City of Chilliwack web site. If you do not find it let me know and I will check it out for you.

weizen

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »

One other thing.  We're registered with USA Hockey, which fulfills the requirements for tournaments in BC.  Do you think that's enough to satisfy the rink for a pick up game?  Thanks

I havn't played at the rinks in question, but if they're like all the other rinks in the province just show up to the rink, pay your drop in fee and play.  No ID, or requirements neccessary.