Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coho in washington  (Read 1820 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
coho in washington
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »

Well i gotta admit I'm going nuts...Been a suck month health wise, for the first time in my life I've had to go and got probed by the doctor on both ends..got a stinking hiatal hernia and it's killing me when I'm trying to drive anywhere...SO with the crying out of the way...I have all my flys tied and am staring longingly at my new ct 2106...sat in my shop tonight while listening to the Mariners and went through a roll , (27 yard small one) of leader material and did up a box of pips in 8 pounds for the coho's... ;)

Sorry for the ramble..just excited, been told that the coho's are stacked up off the points down here and when caught, some are so stuffed with kettlefish they puke um up....I've gotta go and see if my watermaster can make it out to the points..if not I'm screwed cause i don't own a boat (yet) and my buddies isn't working now... :'( 

Was a year ago in Sept. when I played in my last golf tournament and took my hiatus from golf...what was going to be a week turned into a month and now coming up on a year...and I don't really miss it either...can't wait for the little fellas :-*...trout are fun...but coho's on fly and drift..man I can't wait!!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: coho in washington
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:17:03 PM »

Hope you get better soon and get out on the flow. PS Mariners just got a bad call in the last inning.

Eightball

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »

What points do you fish off in your area?  Health problems are a bummer. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »

Thanks Guys.....Finding out that the days of getting back into condition now mean how long before you injure something else..just gotta learn to live with it i guess... :'(

The points that I've heard of that are producing are right off birch bay state park...stay left and whatever that point is called they are in 15 feet or so of water off the kelp beds...Heard Sandy point was doing good but that was a bit ago so not if it still is as hot...one good thing is lots of coho's seem to be showing up....

Funny, all winter i was dying to get out on the lakes for trout, now I'm dying to get back to the rivers and salmon... ::)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »

What are kettlefish ?

Sinaran

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 01:31:52 AM »

u would recover soon and get back to the river just in time for the ho's!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!