Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 8 Days Alberni Inlet, August 2006  (Read 4072 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
8 Days Alberni Inlet, August 2006
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:08:56 AM »

Great holiday for the wife and I and our friends and there three kids ranging from 4 to 10 . The first few days were a tad slow out there as we only managed 1 Chinook day one a 14 1/2 lb er , but fishing in the canal was a real treat compared to the wild west coast . Calm waters no fog make this place appealing to people of all ages as we were showing my buddies kids the way of life aruond the ocean .  Each morning we would wake up at 4:45 am make a pot of coffee on the coleman stove and head down to our boat which was moored at the China Creek marina ( where we were camped) . Every morning our plan was to take each kid out one at a time day one was Nick ' s turn the ten year old and he proved to be willing and ready at 4:45 am . We were new to the canal and needed a few days to learn what was working and where the fish were stacked up our first fish was taken on a pink hootchie at 60 feet in the first hour of the lines being wet  ;D . We were informed that it was stirictly amorning fishery as the wind would allways pick up by 1 pm they were right . Day 2 was to be the 6 year olds turn ( Jacob ) to wittness Chinnok fishing but he declined as it was still pitch black out and he said he wanted to fish the morning bite and he did 't realize that it was dark in the morning so back to the tent with him but Nick poped up and voluntered to be a part of day two . Again we had the lines wet before the sun was up here i thought to myself we were getting out there early but there were all ready 50 boats fishing . The first day we headed out towards bamfeild trolling all the way up to the fishing boundry markers just before Nahamit bay . So our plan day two was to do the same but follow the opposite shore line . Again it was 't long and we had a 15 lb Chinook in the net and a few good hits where the line poped out of the clip . Day three was to be the little fellas turn ( Iasac ) 4 years old and full of energy but unfortunatly we had no succes and came in skunked . Whe we arrived at the dock there was a buzz around the cleaning tables as a 44 lber was just brought in .     To Be Continued  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:18:43 PM by Rodney »

legend

Re: 8 Days Alberni Inlet
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:08 AM »

Day 4 was to be  Jacobs turn on this morning but again he bailed out as he wouldn't get up. So the adults headed out for a day by them selves. This day proved to be more productive as we decided to head to wards Alberni instead of to wards Bamfeild we put the lines down to 35 feet and 55 feet mine was at 35 as this has allways been productive depth for me in the past . Using a Green and silver flasher with a pistachio hootchie i was rewarded with a 17 1/2 lber  with in the first 5 min of trolling before we could get all the gear back down my rod popped again 22lber netted by this time my buddie is getting pissed because he can't even get his line down . We hooked 4 more but those barbless hooks come out easy but finally one of us limits out. One thing that improved our luck was shortening up our leaders . Each day there was a fish counter lady and the numbers were improving daily which was promissing . Day 5 and the middle child finally gets his shot and he See's us land another 22 lber that was it again back to only one fish . More to come :D .

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »

We need to see pictures  :)

legend

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »

If any one is a subscriber and is willing to post i will send a bunch of pics have lots of good ;) ones but I can't post them give me an e - mail to send them and post for me  please .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:04:37 PM by legend »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:30:55 PM »

You can post photos if you are not a subscriber too. To do so, sign up an account in the www.photobucket.com, add your photos into your album, then post the photos here by using the button .

Please do consider becoming a subscriber though. One of the reasons for this new subscription service is so that I don't get hundreds of photos per month from people who want me to post them up in their reports. It's a lot of work, for free!

Anyways, in conclusion, subscription service offers you extra features on the website, but it does not stop non-subscribers from posting photos.

legend

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:19:21 PM by Rodney »

legend

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:20:29 PM by Rodney »

legend

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:21:28 PM by Rodney »

legend

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 01:13:56 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:22:09 PM by Rodney »

legend

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

As you can see we all had a great time and all caught lots of fish from Perch to Mackerel the kids had fun on the wharf slaying Mackerel they must of caught 100 between them in the 8 days we were there that was so much fun to watch and it brought back allot of my child hood memories we plan on going back next year . A special thanks to Iron Noggin for all his advise via E - Mail sorry we never hooked up but we were very busy keeping the kids occupied . The Chinook were not as big as Port Renfrew but it was a nice change and better suited for families in Alberni . Of course the last day was the best as we were planning on leaving i decided to hit the morning bite till 8 am then pull out the boat and pack up . From 6am till 7 am we hooked 7 Chinook it was awsome most were on anchovy we only managed to land two as I let the ten year old fight all of them he did a great job and he will remember this for ever.  ;D ;D ;D Now it's back to the grind of work and fishing the mighty Fraser . :'( :'(

legend

Re: 8 Days Alberni Inlet, August 2006
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »

Here are a few more pics   ;D.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 03:34:14 PM by legend »

legend

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 01:42:05 PM »

The last pic is of nick when he limited out .One more cute one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 03:29:01 PM by legend »

fishfryer

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 02:17:43 PM »

great pics, nothing like getting the kids involved early, mine love to fish , now if I could only get them to tie their own gear!!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 02:29:04 PM »

Legend, you do not need to click on the button if you are using the "Img" code from photobucket. That would eliminate all the errors in your posted photos.

[ img ] Photo URL [ /img ]

legend

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 02:41:12 PM »

Sorry Rod I was lucky enough to figure it out but thanks .