Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So... When will we know what the coho run will be like this year on the veddar ?  (Read 2136 times)

James

I know it is still early . But ... I can't wait until Coho Season starts up on the Veddar .

Is there any way to tell if the returns will be better than last year ?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

I don't think we will know the answer to that question unitl we are either hooking into a lot of ho's or till early October and we are still not hooking into that much at all, expect for Springs and Chums!! ::) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

James

Alrighty then .

Springs and Chums are always a given . Fun , but not what I am out for . I don't even keep any coho that I catch , but just like the pursuit of them .

searun17

• Old Timer

Four years ago the coho run was a fair size run with plenty of good sized fish ,this years coho should be the offspring from that year,also i believe that four years ago is when the hatchery started to decrease the number of clipped fish which would result in less hatchery fish,if there hasn't been a low survival rate in the ocean the run should be good.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics

I worry about the effects of the 2003 floods on those eggs... Or maybe those coho had not spawned yet, I guess we'll be finding out soon how well they made out...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

rickjames_2

the fall fishery on the vedder is simply the best fishing out there imo...not that it matters ::)....i also worry bout the impact those high waters had on the vedder runs whether for this year or upcoming years...also i am concerned about the water level on the vedder...i mean you cant even decently tube it if you wanted to right now. i heard on the news to expect less than average rain up into november which concerns me...we will see how the coho run will play out this year and if it isnt as good as past years, we still have the hard fighting springers ;D

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!

It will be late.

buck

Coho returns to the Chilliwack are expected to be poor once again due to ocean survivals. Flood events have little to do with survival rates as the majority of coho are hatchery fish  and were well protected in the hatchery. Hopefully all these predictions are wrong and we'll end up with a decent return.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Well we had an excellent Steelhead season now followed by Chinook and Sockeye so hopefully Coho fall on the same path. 8)