Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grouse Grind  (Read 1412 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Grouse Grind
« on: August 27, 2006, 03:36:46 PM »

Rather than fighting the weekend fishing crowd, my nephews and I decided to tackle the Grouse Grind this morning. Perfect weather. Sunny but not too hot. Lots of people thinking the same thing. After everything is said and done, my nephew finished in 53 minutes and 1 hour 10 minutes respectively. I brought up the rear in 1 hours 15 minutes. Not too shabby. After the strenuous we were famished and went to the Tomahawk Restaurant for a celebratory lunch. One of my nephew ordered the Mixed Grill consisting of 2 pieces of toast, two fried eggs, nine slices of Canadian bacon, fried mushrooms, two fried weiners, cheese, and hashbrowns. Can't believe he ate it all ! A great morning.

fishfinder

Re: Grouse Grind
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:10:13 PM »

Good for you FA. I did the grind about two weeks ago and made it in just over an hour. I'm doing it every other week, plus a lot of other hiking, and would like to get it down to about 50 minutes. I can't believe the ones that finish at the top and then light up a cigarette right away!!

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:01:18 AM »

Not to mention the 9 strips of bacon being a little counter productive. ::) ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:07:28 AM »

Not to mention the 9 strips of bacon being a little counter productive. ::) ;D

He tells me that he hasn't had any bacon for over a year so he can be excused. ;)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 07:15:52 AM »

sounds like a fun day on the grind  :) i remember when i first went and did the grind it took me and hour and a half and was very tired at the top :P