Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Aug. 26,r27  (Read 2513 times)

FLYRob

Fraser Aug. 26,r27
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »

Hey,

Is an body heading out this Weekend to the Fraser? From Van.! ???

I am still trying to get there ( have no car). But  I canīt take my Bike on the Bus. So i could get to Abbortsford/chilliwack but there, i am traped. get to the river youst Hiking, is a bit to much, I ges.

I read that the river cut be closed sone( sockeye), so maybee this is my last chance to get one on the Fly.

So it would be awsome  :o :o :o
If there is somebody who cut give me a ride, from Vancouver/Richmond or some where else in the Near.

Gas chearing is with out saying!

Thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Fraser Aug. 26,r27
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »

Rob, don't worry, if the sockeye salmon closed in a couple of weeks from now, you would not have missed anything. ;) I think you may have the wrong perception about the Fraser River sockeye salmon fishery, it is not particularly flyfishermen friendly, and the fish are not taking the fly aggressively. ;)

What I would recommend is, to focus on getting out for a few trips between mid September and early December. The salmon fishing is going to be fanastic between that period, especially for a flyfisherman. ;) During this period, you'll be able to flyfish for coho salmon. The type of fishing is also quite unique, mostly done in moderate to no flow waters. You can see the fish following the fly to you as you strip in the line, it is exciting. ;) In November, flyfishing for chum salmon can also be very good.

So no stress if you are unable to get out this weekend, unless you are leaving town soon. :)

FLYRob

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »

No! I am staying in Van atleast up to March 07. :D

Thanks!!  Ya maybee you are right ;) have no clou how the fishing is on the Fraser. Read youst all the topics about all the fish the other Guys are catching!

Since i got back, from a trip to Campbell river. I am  trying to get out here ( near the city).

Was at the Cap. and the Seymour. But these Rivers are very low at the moment. So i thout that the Fraser would be the better alternetiv.

Was thinking to do some Beachfishing too, but donīt really know were to go ( without the mout of the Cap)!
But there must be some more spots down here.  Did a lot of Seatrout fishing from the Beach back in Germany/ Denmark. But the shore Line here looks not quide the same, so it is not really possible to use my experience in that kind of fishing.

But loking forward to the Fall fishing   ::) ::) ::)

Thanks again Rod!!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »

You can fish near the cap mouth for staging coho.  Also some other spots on the north shore :)  You'll find that beach flyfishermen are as tight lipped as the fish theyre after.  Most of these places you can get to on a bike too!

Trust me though if youre used to solitude you dont want to even see what goes on at the fraser.  I went once so far, having a hard time justifying going again, though i know lots of good guys that really enjoy it...