Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How much is too much  (Read 2206 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
How much is too much
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:04:31 PM »

After reading about how many sockeye people are getting I was inspired to ask this question. Myself I keep no more than 20 salmon a year. Half are smoked and half are BBQ'd/Cooked. I do not keep fish to give away as I dont feel its right. I never have left over salmon from previous years so I never waste what I catch. I also keep a few trout but nothing much.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

buck

Re: How much is too much
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »

Eddie99,
 Good question. A number of anglers are doing 3-4 trips / day.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

me and my family of four eat atleast 35 to 40 on the BBQ and oven, plus the 25 that we smoke! So we go through alot of fish! mostly coho sockeye and jack springs!
Fish killer 101

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »

Our family of 6 has salmon atleast 1-2 times a week, We smoke the odd one , but mostly BBQ it, I Love salmon. mmmmmm
weeeeeeeeeow!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

After reading about how many sockeye people are getting I was inspired to ask this question. Myself I keep no more than 20 salmon a year. Half are smoked and half are BBQ'd/Cooked. I do not keep fish to give away as I dont feel its right. I never have left over salmon from previous years so I never waste what I catch. I also keep a few trout but nothing much.
Whats wrong with catching some salmon for family and friends?
[

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »

I think part of the issue with sockeye is that people think to themselves "there's 17 million, if I dont get 20 or 30 the natives will just take them".  Personally I would like to see a limit of 10-15 sockeye per year and if you are tagged on sox NO MORE FLOSSING THE FRASER.  I think that would certainly thin out the crowds and it may help change the mentality we currently all suffer from.