Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder  (Read 4831 times)

Youngin

• Old Timer
Vedder
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:41:26 PM »

Hey guys, I was just wondering how is the vedder doing?! I'm going to head out there tomorrow and I want to target some fish.. I haven't been out forever and this may be my last summer chance.. so tell me what's in there! thanks!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »

Chinook boots

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »

Chinook boots

Yup what he said. I was out there last weekend and thats mostly all that was there. Not worth i IMO. Sockeye are in there right now and its not a good idea to target them.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:07 PM »

ALL the chinook are boots? not even any decent ones left? because I have no ohter choice :(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:03:33 PM »

Youngin, the chinook salmon that are currently in the Vedder River are red chinook salmon. These fish moved into the river in early and mid summer and are currently staging to spawn if not already, therefore they are not in the best shape. Unfortunately fishing is poor on the Vedder this time of the year. Your best bet would be to wait until mid or late September when the first wave of coho salmon make their way into the river.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 10:13:40 PM »

Okay thanks for the info! much appreciated!!

Anything in harrison/chehalis???

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:28:19 PM »

Harrison should be getting some sockeye in it about this time. Chehalis is probably very low right now.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Pat AV

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 07:22:40 AM »

Hey young fellow!

Chehalis also has red springs in it that should be in about the same shape as the ones in the Vedder. The bonus is this river also holds some beautifull summer run steelhead this time of year. They are in fine shape silver with beautiful rainbow stripes and rosey cheeks but in my opinion should be released. IMO they will definetly provide you with better sport than some old springs. They will hit flies, small chunks of roe or little blue foxes. I always do well up there and never regret going. Hit deep canyon pools and be ready for a day of lots of hiking and covering water with the possible bonus of chrome steel!

Thats what I would do if I were you! Good luck!

Pat

PS: I always bring my swimming gogles and swim a pool when I am done fishing it you can see the steelies and springs swimming around, the water is warm and I really enjoy it.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:30:49 AM »

Thanks for all the info guys; but the problem is it's like a family trip.. so we have to go to some place where you can walk around or bike or something (relatives from another country are here)  so that's why I was thinking about hitting the vedder as they have some fine trails there =/

Pat AV

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »

can't help you then, unless you tell the family that there are nice trails at the Skagit (which there are) just dont tell them about the skeeters!

Good luck in whatever you plan to do!

Cheers,

Pat
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »

Did nothing.. very dissapointed.. relatives didn't feel like walking along the river.

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »

Well even though those rivers are just about done for summer...there is still going to be a lot of sport fishing oppurtunities in them, ie.coho,chumps,steelies in the next little while. I am hoping to hit dewdney slough, harrison,chehalis(for the first time), and others filled with coho!
If anyone is interested, I would be willing to pay gas money to hitch a ride with people to those rivers sometime when the coho are in, as I only get to go up a couple times a year and have not got a coho in a long time! :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

Just drop me a pm in the next little while, I'll hook you up!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »

Haha! ok you got BS!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »

Lil fisherman u willing to come to the chehalis with me and my dad? U got to be ready to hike in the dark though up the canyon! But when u get to the pool there is a good chance on hooking up to a 12-20lbs coho! dad got two last year and i got got a 15lb coho! Oh and just to make sure ur bringing the gas money! We might have to blind fold u driving in though! Seceret spot! WHere do u live? drop me a line at (droussanidis@hotmail.com)
Fish killer 101