Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's a heated question it seems, flossing sockey, do you think it should be shut down?

Keep it open, it's still fishing
- 30 (50%)
Shut it down, it's a shamefull way to fish
- 17 (28.3%)
Don't know, mabey
- 2 (3.3%)
Fish away, my green wool is better than your red wool :)
- 11 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Sockeye Flossing....should it be shut down?  (Read 5007 times)

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
Re: Sockeye Flossing....should it be shut down?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 11:14:20 PM »

As long as there are the fish available, leave it open!  This did become a debate!  I don't havwe the answers, but I do know that leaders have lengthened in the years since I started!  Use to be 8-10, now 12-15'.  Also I would like someone to give us some input from the fishing stores and the impact it would have on their overall business if the sockeye fishery was shut down.  How much extra business does this give Hubs and Fred's and even the city of Hope?  Maybe someone could shed some numbers on this.

weizen

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »

I knew this was a heated topic (see the original post) and didn't want a debate to follow (Again see the original post), any chance you can lock this thread Rod? 

If people are really looking to continue the debate, start a new thread and duke it out in there (I may even join you as I too have my own opinions as expressed in other threads). But let's leave this one to the poll.

Cheers

patso

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 08:02:02 AM »

I would like to vote but I don't see a real difference in option #1 (keep it open its still fishing) and option #4. (Fish away, my green wool is better than your red wool) Should they perhaps be combined to show the totoal of those who believe the fishery should remain open?  Sorry  if I am missing something?  Thanks ... Pat

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 08:21:43 AM »

I agree, need a choice like "when sock stock dictate floss away, but control flossing on other runs and rivers".

Kind of a silly poll in terms of the options which is why I chose the shut it down field even though I floss socks and have a few flossed springs on my tag too.  Weizen, if you are truly trying to figure something out, I suggest you refine your survey questions.  Your limited range of selections probably make peole more inclined to leave a comment too becuase their selection in the survey doesnt quite fit their true mindset.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »

weizen, this isn't even really a debate yet, this type of discussion is a norm whenever the topic includes the word "sockeye" and "flossing". ;D I think you'll find most participants in this discussion forum will express their opinion in a civil manner, a search in the forum will lead you to some of the more heated discussions in the past. ;)

Anyways, I'll lock this one up by your request. :) The poll should still work for you though.

Rod