Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seabird break ins  (Read 1484 times)

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
Seabird break ins
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »

Was thinking about trying Seabird for the first time. How are break-ins there - anyone has any trouble? Also, I have heard it is snaggy. If that is true any advise to avoid the snags?

Thanks.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Seabird break ins
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:30:33 PM »

I have gone to that bar more times than I can remember and have never had any problems with breakins.  As for the Snags, yep they are there and some a lot worse than others.  Just do your best to get out of them quick, and you will have a much better day out on the flow and not be untangling lines all day!! ;) :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:37:13 PM »

When I fished there a few years ago there was a breakin into several vehicles, but I don't know what it's like now.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

Well me and a buddy tried Sea Bird for the first time after hearing reports from BS and Fish Freak. We headed there after getting directions from GT, and arrived there just before the Flash lights ;D. We got to pick our spot, and not long after the bar started filling up, tons of people, and we ended up in the worst spot. lots of people, including us were snagging up, in a certian area (mid bar)  :( The guys fishing next to us were using like 50lb + test and could barely break themselves off. ::) Well my first impressions of that bar were not good at all, although the fish are sure there they seem to be further out. Peg leg still seems to be the best bar if you hate snags.  :) lots of party campers across the street from the sea bird island parking, which was in the middle of no where, Good place for break ins.  :)
The Bigger The Better!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »

Oh Yeah Big Fisher, there is a nasty snag out mid way down the Bar!! ;D ;D  I found that one on my first trip there this year, and had to slowly move my way down the Bar throughout the day until I got away from it, after that it was fine.  I use 80 lb tough line, and there isn't a snag there that I haven't been able to get out of.  I always come back home with more gear than I left with.  There are some tricks to getting you gear out of the snags quick, but I am sure you will find those out as you go along.  I have no problems at that Bar.  Just as Fish Freak, he hated it the first time he went, but he also knew the fish were there.  That is the only place he goes now, and he has figured it out pretty quick and goes home with his limit everytime now.  I mean come on, if the Freak can figure it out...... ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!