Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saltchuck Vancouver  (Read 2083 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Saltchuck Vancouver
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:07:56 AM »

How's sockeye fishing in the saltchuck around Vancouver?  Has it picked up in the past few days?

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Saltchuck Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:41:43 AM »

How's sockeye fishing in the saltchuck around Vancouver?  Has it picked up in the past few days?

There are some more showing. I was out yesterday, got lucky, got onto a school, and hooked six, my guests managed to land 1--not used to the single action reels. I nearly got clubbed in the head with a flasher and pink squirt with a 6/0 hook when they didn't let about an 11 lber take a short run behind the boat.

Other guide boats found a few yesterday morning--and they were fishing hard...like 20 flashers..., but we all spent a lot of time trolling around trying to find and get on a school. It's not like there's tons of them out there, but the river is loaded from what I hear though.

There's a pod of about 25 Orcas out there chasing them around off Sandheads and the T10 marker...there's not a lot of airborne fish which is a bad indicator of how many may be around.

The odd springs is to be found deeper---90 feet.

My gas bill was $100.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

Thank you Fishin Magician for the report.  Orca pod that close?  Are they still around?  Might be good to bring my kids just to see them. 8)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Saltchuck Vancouver August 13.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »

Thank you Fishin Magician for the report.  Orca pod that close?  Are they still around?  Might be good to bring my kids just to see them. 8)

Yo...

Headed down there today...fished to the T10 from the North Arm...no Killer Whales in sight. No sockeye either.

50 boats, heard of NOTHING on the radio. Lots of chatter about nuthin'
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 03:17:50 PM »

Darn, I was hoping those orcas would stay awhile.  :-\

Guess fishing is still spotty eh. :(