Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sock limit???  (Read 5596 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Sock limit???
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 07:49:45 PM »

I was at Costco two days ago and there were no sockeyes on sale for $20.00. What Costco were you at ?

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »

I understand eddie's point of view...the travel costs are ever rising, the crowds are unbarable (and that a factor for most), and the fishing really isnt that enjoyable (horse your fish in and yard it up on the beach before someone cast over it), but for some crazy reason...the fraser flossery still has a huge draw for a lot  of people. 

I have been trying to do over nighters and get 2 days limit into 1 trip (makes sense coming from north van) and I usually go with my dad.  Last over nighter we got 3 socks and  22 lb red, trip before that was a 22, a 24, and a 32lb spring.  Cant buy that much fish for half a tank of gas!  At the end of one of those trips tho, I do feel exhausted and usually need a good nap...with the crowds and the sun, it really is like work...I dont know why I do it at times!  But then I hook s spring that screams down the river and has my heart goig about 150 BPM and I quickly forget that it took 5 hours of casting to hook it  ;)

PS thanks for the update fisher...I was in a shop and a guy getting a licence bitched that he had to pay for a salmon tag for his 14 year old...musta been a tidal licence and i assume that requirement was valid for fresh as well...thanks for pointing that out, I will have to take my 3 and 4 year old sons out flossing with me next time I go  8)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »

I was at Costco two days ago and there were no sockeyes on sale for $20.00. What Costco were you at ?

PoCo was there this afternoon. They have whole fish with heads on for $20 or they have just fillets.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »

It is illegal to hand off a rod for someone else to catch and keep especially if you already have your limit. Ask any DFO Officer.

Which puts MANY guides in violation of fisheries regulations  :o

mark

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »

True  , True.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 10:20:58 PM »

Why not just change the licence to 30 salmon per year, period on one licence? Then only 10 could be chinook... The remainder could be a mix of coho, socks, chum, etc.

Then people would be more choosy about what they decided to kill. And with a total limit, people would no longer kill for co-workers...

Just an idea. 30 is alot of salmon, and most would not be able to even come close to that outside of sockeye season...

Cheers,
nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin