Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nicola lake  (Read 2109 times)

shawn_john

Nicola lake
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:03:54 PM »

Any suggestions on what to use in nicola lake in merrit. i  am goin there next weekend and wanted to know if anyone has fished there before and what worked best for the lake. it is my first time goin there i have fished lots of other lakes in the interior but not a big lake like nicola. i will have both my spining rod and fly rod any suggestions?

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: Nicola lake
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »

theres a bunch of kokanee and ranbows in there from what i hear. we stay at that quilchena inn usually and always see fish jumping. try trolling willowleafs with a wedding band. and red leeches on the fly. ;)

Ho whacker

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

Ive fished there a couple of times and the best thing each time was willow leafs with a extra small orang lure.
Theres no fish in the harrison I swear ;)

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:35:14 AM »

Kokanee will be on top, fish wedding ring with gang troll.  Rainbow are lower, just use larger gear.  Be ready for wind so get out early in the day or in evening.  The Kokanee are awesome to eat and the meat is so red.  Lots can be caught but not too large. Monck Park is the place to stay if camping.  Easy to get in now that they have expanded! Have fun.  Stop in at the Powder Keg in Merritt for more info!

shawn_john

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »

Thanks for all the info i will try that out next weekend. ya i will go try and buy some of the red leaches i have the other stuff from other lakes.