Laidlaw/Jones
- 7 (17.9%)
Pipeline
- 17 (43.6%)
Scale
- 4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: August 19, 2006, 05:56:33 PM

Author Topic: Which is the most snaggy bar of all  (Read 3570 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Which is the most snaggy bar of all
« on: August 12, 2006, 05:56:33 PM »

Choose the snaggiest bar of all among listed. You can also name one if not on list.

My vote for the snaggiest bar is Pipeline, especially upper Pipeline. While I would lose 1 or 2 betties per trip in bar like Seabird (sometimes even gained some by hauling in snagged betties), my record at upper Pipeline is around 15 & lower Pipeline around 3-6 betties.  :(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:03:36 PM by funfish »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
Re: Which is the most snaggy bar of all
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 10:35:46 PM »

??? hmmm i would have to pick the cornfeild up by the scales. i loose at least 1-2 betties each time out as well as alot of other guys too. have never fished seabird but hope to do so real soon when i can arrange a time and place to go with someone. ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:08:49 AM »

Thanks for the votes so far. Pipeline & Seabird are neck to neck. I am surprised that Seabird is voted almost as snaggy as Pipeline. Seabird has been a breeze for me and Pipeline is brutal. I consider myself a careful BBer, because my line is always very tight by slowly turning my reel while bouncing. Yet I cannot avoid those brutal snags in Pipeline. There are 3 sections of Seabird. The top end where everyone stands in water with wader is quite snaggy. In fact, if you don't crank your reel fast enough, you lose. The mid part is quite deeeeep, and I never fish it much. It does not have much bounce unless you cast very faaaaar. The lower part is not too snaggy to me. Can some one who vote Seabird as snaggy clarify this point?

By the way, this survey may not be a scientific one. It all depends how pouplar the bars are. For example, a Laidlaw or Seabird regular who has never fished Pipleline may not know Pipleline enough to give it a vote. So, read the result with some reservation.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:21:26 AM by funfish »

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:26:45 AM »

Right now with low water Laidlaw is horrible.  Not only no fish but snags everywhere.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 07:23:17 AM »

i myself would say the upper pipe line

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »

I too voted for pipeline. I usually fish it the end of june and july and find it way more snaggy than seabird. As for scale bar I can not remember the last time I lost any gear there.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »

in our group at seabird the other day, we pulled up about 7 set-ups, still with betties, and many many leaders.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 10:23:49 AM »

;D i myself love fishing peg-leg as it seems not too many snags around that area. and yep the bar at laidlaw is full of snags as the water is so low.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »

Leadbelly will be having a ball this year recovering these later this year. ;D ;D

As most of you will know these are not snags proper that you are hanging up on but larger rocks and boulders. A good number of the upper bar's above Chilliwack, has a substrate that tends to be a lot coarser.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »

easy question, the closed section of Scale bar about 5 year ago. One day I carried out well over 50 lbs, my buddy had to help me to stand up with my overloaded backpack.Sad that people even have to go clean that stuff up every year