Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: corkies  (Read 4753 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: corkies
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »

Good post Chris.

fishfinder

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 09:42:43 PM »

There is nothing wrong with debating differing views on fishing methods, but one should write clearly and concisely without being condescending. It is rather off-putting even though we are on the same side of the argument.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 10:12:45 PM »

There is nothing wrong with debating differing views on fishing methods, but one should write clearly and concisely without being condescending. It is rather off-putting even though we are on the same side of the argument.
Thanks very much for the post. How would you put it down in writing then as it is not so easy as some would think.  I would rather be writing "The Journal" ;D ;D ;D

Will look forward to your response on how you would address this topic.

fishfinder

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »

There was no disrepect towards you or anyone else.

I think everything about the sockeye fishery has been discussed already so there isn’t really any more to be added. I agree there is no easy way to write about it or debate it. A simple question was asked and a simple answer would have sufficed. I just felt there was no need for the implied immorality regarding the method of this fishery. DFO sets the rules and it can change them any time it wants to. If the situation isn’t to your liking blame the DFO, not the fishermen. I was a partaker in this fishery in the past and I met lots of nice people and had a great time doing it. My reason for quitting is my own, but I am a firm believer that every fisherman is entitled to evolve at his own pace and if he is at the flossing stage then so be it.