Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D.F.O. AT SEABIRD ISLAND  (Read 3123 times)

Riverman

• old fart
D.F.O. AT SEABIRD ISLAND
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »

A tad late but here goes.Fished seabird island Sunday evening.Pretty crowded as water is down somewhat.Saw maybe three fish caught from5 to 7.I caught a nice 25# doe.On the way out Iran into two fisheries officers.They were walking into the bar to check for violations.I said bravo,it was about time we saw an increased presence on that bar as at times it has rivalled the scale of old for bad behaviour.They told me they had every intention of making their presence felt  this year.Isaid it was good to see they finally got some funding to do their job.
    Last week I saw them buzz a native drift fisher off laidlaw with their copter.He packed up his net so he must have been outside the agreement.Good on them.
Riverman

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: D.F.O. AT SEABIRD ISLAND
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:04 PM »

Bravo for dfo. All I can say is that I will welcome them with open arms. Well maybe that is pushing it a little. But I for one can not wait to see them out there. Especially when the sox's open(that's if it opens). Hopefully that will stop some of these guys keeping fish that are illegally hook and kept. I for one and I know that the other people that I fish with will inform them of any violations that we see. Call us rats all you want but the regs are there for a reason.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »

:D good on ya report those buggers breaking the law for sure. dfo is doing a great job and its nice to see them this year ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 10:37:22 PM »

thats good to hear
The Bigger The Better!

anejo676

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:51 AM »

I was up at Agassiz yesterday and I saw 3 different DFO boats!  Wow,  what a change from past years.  One of the boats even put bummers on the side and came up to a dozen boats and checked them licenses and such. 

As far as fishing went it was sort of slow for most.  I fished from eleven till almost dark and got my two socks and also hooked two springs but both springs got away.   :(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »

Thanks goes to the work of the Sportfishing Defense Alliance for it is because of the lobby work they have done the last few years we now have the enforcement out there that we should have, to keep a lid on illegal activity.

Coming in at Island 22 on Thursday evening there was 4 or 5 officers checking the recreational anglers. Also patrol boats are now out on the river day and night checking both sectors. ;D ;D

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »

Nice to see the crackdown...some of these runs are hurting enough as it is without poaching...
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing