Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg  (Read 6294 times)

shawn_john

Peg Leg
« on: July 28, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »

i was wondering if any one has taken a drive out to Peg Leg to see if it is accessible to drive over to since with this hot weather the river may have dropped

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
Re: Peg Leg
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »

The answer is no, so nobody go there ::)

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »

No you can't was there yesterday and it's still much to high. People shouldn't drive through the water until it's extremly low anyways otherwise it's just washing off the oil the bottom of your vehicle into the water.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:17 PM »

No you can't was there yesterday and it's still much to high. People shouldn't drive through the water until it's extremly low anyways otherwise it's just washing off the oil the bottom of your vehicle into the water.

Or worse  ::)

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 11:23:55 PM »

Yeah, I remember your water fording adventure. ;)
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 07:21:55 PM »

NO EVERYONE STAY AT PEG LEG. IT IS THE ONLY BAR THAT PRODUCES FISH. DON'T LISTEN TO ANY THING THAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY. ;D ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »

NO EVERYONE STAY AT PEG LEG. IT IS THE ONLY BAR THAT PRODUCES FISH. DON'T LISTEN TO ANY THING THAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY. ;D ;D

WHAT HE SAID!!!!  AND WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING NOW!!!!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 07:30:28 PM »

So that everyone gets the message.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 09:56:24 PM »

::) i agree fishfreak the fraser is so big let me know when you go out for sockeye and i will gladly join you for a day of fishing 8)

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 10:30:20 PM »

Its funny how everyone seems to just think about PEGLEG, there is so many other bars to fish off of than PEGLEG, its no wonder there is 10 million people there during sockeye opening, go up river towards hope there is places with little people and you will still get into fish, the fraser is huge go explore a little
Yeah, Foster Bar is just as productive. ;)
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 11:08:47 PM »

Was down there tonight and a fellow was trying to wade it but wisely turned back. Looked too high to me, especially where he was trying to cross. I though if he went much further he would have been swept down. :(

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 08:49:05 AM »

Was fishing down from peg in the afternoon as I heard it was still pretty high to cross. Caught a picture after this guy crossed, we thought he might get swept downstream as the water went right up to his neck. If he had any smokes they were wet, and he kept hold of his rod despite the near wash away. Two guys were being life guards in their boat just below, and kudos to them. Chest waders will probably cost you your life without a life jacket if you go under. Bring your swim suit or a boat, or feed the sturgeons Billy.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

buck

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 10:18:11 AM »

Checked Pegleg out yesterday and saw a guy drive his Toyota  4x4 across to the lower bar. He had no trouble but I wouldn't want to try to cross to the upper bar. Anglers waded to the lower bar without much trouble.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:23:44 AM »

I think PegLeg has been mostly void of the boatless hordes only because sox are not open for retention. Wait till DFO gives the go-ahead to bonk the sox and you will see thousands of wackos swimming accross to get to the lower and upper bars.
Maybe an enterprenneur could establish a ferry line to get people to the fishing grounds if water levels remain high. LOL!

Incidentally, I tried to fish PegLeg with my buddies from the boat on Saturday. It was unproductive. It seems to me that the bottom has changed significantly compared to last year. After a couple of fishless hours, we moved to another location. Needless to say, we soon got into some pretty chinookies! ;D

By the way, sockeye have started to show up in good numbers in the upper river, based on my observation of incidental hookups. My take is that DFOs green light for the sockeye meatfest is only days away. Get the green wool ready! :P

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 01:38:42 PM »

yup green wool and 15foot leader will be the ticket ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!